1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better supporting cast? MJ's Bulls/LBJ's Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shakee, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has won 66 game 2 times including with an average cavs team.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, the East sucks though. We all know that.

And MJ won more than 66 games three times. 72, 69 and 67...across two different eras of his career...plus two more 60+ seasons. They averaged 68 wins over the three years with his second roster

It is a simple point that I'm trying to make. When you compare rosters, you also have to compare the extremeness of MJ's winning % with those teams. Sure we can argue the 96-98 Bulls had a better supporting cast, but that is also the best team in the history of the sport. Lebron's team is not even close to those Bulls. It doesn't really make much sense to compare them.

#22 heypartner, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  3. yinanization

yinanization Member

The east was way stronger in 96 though, the Magic, Knicks, and Pacers were great teams, I think the Bulls lost 4 games out of 12 against those 3, don't think Lebron's Cav could have done as good.

4. Mr. Space City

horrace grant was a better number 3 than bosh.

better rebounder, better defensively, more consistent offensively.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One reason why Miami doesn't win that many regular season games is that they are likely not trying to win that many regular season games.

They are already the 2nd seed in the East, and handily beat IND even without the home court advantage. So why would a roster that has made the NBA Finals 3 straight times, and racked up a substantial amount of wear and tear in the process, try to win a dozen or so more regular season games?

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's not close. The only reason you assume it's close is because guys like Chris Bosh have settled so nicely into his role reduced role. But let's not forget he was a elite player (24pt & 10 rebs) his last few years in Toronto. You have 3 great superstars (LBJ, Wade, Bosh) versus 2 superstars (Jordan, Pippen). Not to mention Ray Allen, who's a GOAT 3pt candidate, is still a currently top 5 shooter. Steve Kerr, John Paxson? Stop bro, It's not even close bro lol.

7. Mr. Space City

discredit lebron because he plays in the eastern conference while praising chris bosh for being an "elite" player in the eastern conference.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The Bulls without Michael Jordan won 55 games, the year after he retired. I would say Jordan had a better supporting cast, especially the team that won 72 games.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

GoRoxGo is a Kobe guy. His posts on this topic will be an extended argument of Kobe > LeBron. He's saying LeBron has infinite help to prop up Kobe's "inferior" help.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Jordan > LeBron

That's the only thing that really matters.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

One main difference everyone is overlooking. Each Bulls title team had multiple 7 footers on it that could at least compete with centers like Ewing, Mourning, Smits and Shaq. The Heat don't have bigs that can compete with Roy Hibbert, when he decides to play. There is no way these Heat are winning titles facing the bigs Chicago had to face.

12. heypartner

This doesn't make sense at all. So why don't the spurs do it? Saying the Heat don't wn as much in the regular seasons is in no way, shape or form a valid argument that the Heat are as good as the Bulls circa 96-98

Are you actually trying to say this Heat team is as good as the bulls or even close. They aren't even a top 5 team of all time.

Quit comparing the rosters I the bulls to magic. MJ averaged 68 wins per year in that second 3-pear. There is no comparison

#32 heypartner, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  13. Mr. Space City

what's funny is when you bring up who would win between jordans bulls or lebrons heat people bring up players besides michael jordan.

i thought rodman would turn bosh into a b****?

can't have it both ways.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Thanks for reminding me. I thought his moniker sounded familiar. I have seen to many stupid posts from him in those threads. On top of that he didn't say anything in his post that makes me believe he watched the nba in the 90s, or that he actually read my post. So i am just going to ignore him in thes thread from now on and focus on the people who are actually worth discussing with.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Expansion, that's why.

16. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

If this is a cleverly disguised Lebron is better than Jordan thread I will say this. Jordan had the better supporting cast because he made them the better supporting cast.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wouldn't that make it easier?

Waterdown talent of the league?

Rocket River

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Roy Hibbert can't carry the jock strap of any of those guys.

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Fail. Epic Fail. Steve Kerr was 10x the shooter Ray Allen is. The only reason Ray Ray has the most 3's made is longevity. Look at career percentage. Ray Allen is 36th all time. Kerr is 1st. In nba history. And it's not close between the two.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fg3_pct_career.html

20. heypartner

Expansion was offset by the European flood gates opening.

And if it wasn't, then it means it's easier for the superstars to win when there's more teams.