1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better ideas for timeouts?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

What ever happened to Turbo?

2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Maybe I will get flamed for this but going to the Toyota center kind of sucks. I mean there are two great things there, okay wait three.

1. The Rockets are fun to watch.
    2. The red rowdies are a great
    3. The power dancers are great.

But man, does our music ever suck. My father in law has Spurs season tickets and that place has great hip hop and rocks songs played really loud that you can't help but feel pumped up. After a big time out you hear some awesome song. I mean you see 50 and 60 year old women there stand up and clap their hands to the beat.

Dallas's American Airlines Arena has some of the same music.

What do we have, "That every body clap their hands" crap. I mean sometimes I feel like I am trapped in a episode of Growing Pains or Family Ties. I mean really, play some great, pump up the crowd music. Get clean versions of some bass heavy rap and rock and get everyone excited.

Clutch is always hilarious, get well soon bubu
    I like the dunking powerdancers. At first it was odd but i is cool and different.
    I like the way the fat clutch eats the opposing teams fans, that is cool too.

But in a city of over 2 million we can't find a good marketing staff to think of a way to keep the rich folk in their seats and make the po' folk happy they spent the money. (I classify myself as po folk because I always roll in the upper level)

3. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Oh man, I hate that " everybody clap your hands " thing. My dad and seemingly some of the older people love it. I don't know why. It's really lame.

The music is horrible in the Rockets games and the should really stop playing that 8-mile song and the Kill Bill song. There are a million great hip-hop beats out there; I don't understand why we can't find a couple.

One the flipside, I love the scoreboard in the middle of the arena. Like, when one of our guys scores, there's a cool little montage with the player doing something and the announcer guy blasts their names out. I love that. ( Example: RAFER ALSSSTOOON. ::Skip graphic plays:: )

But, man, we really need Turbo back.

4. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Agree. It seems that every time they play that stupid "everybody clap your hands" song we have a turnover. Probably cause the players hate it too.