1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better hope Thunder lose badly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Apr 30, 2016.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What's stopping Durant from going to the Spurs?

Him going to the Spurs / Warriors / Cavs would disappoint me to no end, but that's today's NBA.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Who's to say the Spurs actually want him. They won 67 games this year, they might not want to mess their team up

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Duncan / Ginobili / Parker are already playing on borrowed time.

I'd say Durant-Leonard-Aldridge is a pretty good core to reload with.

I don't think there's any truth to the Spurs seeking him, I'm just saying he's going to be sought after by every NBA team, so whatever happens to OKC doesn't really help us specifically.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Durant has at LEAST 3 better options then Houston in the Warriors, Spurs and OKC

Then it's arguable whether we would be ahead of the Wizards, Heat, Celtics or any other playoff team that has cap space.

I personally hope Morey goes all in on Whiteside, and then trys to pair him with either Conley or Batum. That would be a super amazing off season in my eyes.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The mentality of the op actually reflecting the current status of the Rockets fans - when James Harden is your team's leader and only hope for the years to come,

what can you do?

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why would Durant go to a horrible team like the rockets. We don't even feature real NBA players besides Harden. He could go to talented rosters elsewhere

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

8. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

haha looks like the spurs in 5...they're just too disciplined...OKC really hasn't improved their system, billy D hasn't had the impact I expected

9. FabsRubio

FabsRubio Member

Please go get Messina, look how prepared this Spurs team is

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Why wouldn't the Spurs get Durant?

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Remember, this is OKC with Durant+Westbrook.

Houston offers Harden+Durant+Horford/Conley, that would be the deal. Durant is only coming I bet if we already have another player like that coming along too.

Then you have to ask again if that Rocket team is better than OKC and if that Rocket team can challenge the Warriors or Spurs. I think with good coaching the answer is yes.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Team ball >>>>> Iso superstar ball

OKC has two, doesn't matter.

Why would Gasol or Durant or whatever other free agent NOT want to go play for the Spurs?

Small market, sure but you know you're gonna contend for a championship. You know you don't have to do it all. You know you're gonna get easy, open looks.

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Where would be play with Leonard and Aldridge on the team? Move Leonard to 2?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The reason would be because a hit on your legacy comes with it.

Spurs he'll just add to the Coach's legacy and he'll just fit in with whatever Popovic does and Spurs. They are like the Borg, sure great and mighty powerful but you kind of go there and just mold into them.

Going to the Warriors means he plays sidekick to Curry.

We are depending on Durant to have an ego. Harden will play 2nd to him (Harden was cool playing 3rd to him) and he could be the one to lead the team. That's the argument.

Of course maybe he has no ego and maybe he'd be cool with joining already stacked teams.

15. anchel

anchel Member

Durant won't join the Spurs, he has a different mentality, he will want to beat them... Maybe with Curry.

In this first half I've seen the Spurs using LA in more different ways than different sets I've seen at any Rockets game.

16. Asian Sensation

Move Aldridge to the 5 and have one of the best front courts of all time.

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that would be a fairly insane modern small-ball frontcourt. incredible versatility on defense and could switch anything, jumpshooting from 2 and 3, post-ups, unselfish, elite scoring if you need it. man, better hope it doesn't happen.

18. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

my goodness, the more i watch leonard, the more im convinced hes the SF version of tim duncan...gets from point A to B...rarely over dribbles...effective with both hands...smooth and disciplined

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ding. That's the thing.

We'll find out soon enough what his mentality is, but if he has a bit of an ego he's not joining those teams. He's not going to join a team that is going to win any ways without him. He wants to be the greatest and no one will ever compare him to the greats if he wants to just tag along.

The Rockets will/should offer a chance for him to make the team his and be reliant on him. He could be the reason and savior.

Or he may just want money and will resign with OKC.

But that is definitely the case for Durant in Houston.

20. hlcc

hlcc Member

It's Westbrook+Durant+Ibaka+Kanter, is Horford that much if any better than Kanter + Ibaka?