1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better hope Thunder lose badly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Apr 30, 2016.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Totally agree with this. I don't believe this series will affect his off-season rational as much as the majority believe.

His demeanor has undeniably changed since James left. Whether that's because of the futility of his own struggles to win, or a more complex change in culture, remains to be seen.

I'm an economist, but if I was a trader, I'd have been short OKC since last season.

2. BackdoorHarden

What do you strike out??? We got Lin, Ariza, and Dwight. Durant coming!!

DO IT MURRAY!!!

3. hlcc

hlcc Member

Better role players than OKC?

Is a team of Beverly+Harden+Durant+scrub+Horford really any better than Westbrook+scrub+Durant+Ibaka+Kanter?

Seems like a lateral move at best.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whatever the result, it has to be clear that OKC's window isn't closing but has closed. That's how you get him off that team.

A Spurs domination would definitely accomplish that. But hopefully something the Spurs do pisses him off so that he wants revenge on them instead of just running to the East and away from them.

5. mockster

mockster Member

Yep, sure this year it seemed like trash

But with the right coach

Bev, ariza, dmo, smith, beasley, terry, jones and obviously a jon factor this year brewer.

Obviously smith, Dmo and jones could be gone this year

But I wouldn't doubt we sign other role players

I mean besides ibaka and kanter who else is good?

6. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

What if we hire Kevin Ollie?

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's no guarantee of Durant coming here.

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Err. ok

9. Mr Chuck Norris

no you can't wtf

10. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Beating the Spurs and then losing in 4-5 games to the Warriors seems like a better scenario. I don't think he's wired like Ray Allen and would want to a join a team that just crushed his team deep in the playoffs. Wouldn't the Spurs have to trade a couple of rotation players to make room for Durant?

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Durant coming to Houston will be the only reason good coaches want to come here. No one wants to coach the most hated team in the league.. especially when your GM demands that you follow his offensive scheme.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Durant isnt coming here, wish people would give up this annoying ass pipe dream already

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this **** again? why would a top 3 player wanna waste the last years of his prime on a shtty team that couldnt secure a playoff spot till the very last game, while they're only competition was a young and inexperienced team that let old ass kobe drop 60 on them?

durant. aint. going. to. houston.

14. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Uh, we acquired 2 superstars in the last 4 years. Thats a pretty good ratio. 90% of nba gm's would be ecstatic.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It really doesn't matter if CF believes if KD is coming here or not. Both our GM and owner believe that KD will come here so that itself warrants discussion.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Did you not read anything he said? We landed one star in FA and that was a perfect shiit storm where LA did everything possible to get him to leave. By promising the world and conning him, he'll be again. Not sure what you're talking about.

1 person likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Why would Harden and Durant be better than Westbrook and Durant? And, OKC has a pretty good supporting cast in my opinion.

18. Asian Sensation

We have 1 player to build around. Everyone else is one dimensional, streaky, not talented enough, old, or a combination of all those things.

At first I thought we had the most talented roster in Rockets history before the beginning of the season. Then I assumed it was all McHale or JBB's fault. Reflecting upon the season now that it's come to an end... The coaches and chemistry was terrible but there's no denying we severely lack talent. There's no denying that when your legit 2nd best player is a guy that was signed from China out of desperation for the final stretch.

We have a lot of money to play with and a lot of holes to fill. This will probably be one of the most interesting off seasons in a long time. Hoping for some Morey wizardry. We sure need it.

19. amaru

amaru Member

Durant wants no part of this toxic franchise.

20. amaru

amaru Member

They don't believe it.....they are just telling delusional fans what they want to hear.