1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Future: Golden State Warriors or Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kingshadaine, Jun 5, 2013.

?

Which team has the better future?

1. Golden State Warriors

18 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Houston Rockets

223 vote(s)
    92.5%
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I didnt see any link, but I know there was this same thread on Real GM and actually the Rockets were winning the poll.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He started the thread and just posted the link to that same thread you are speaking of. Nothing else.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

A Curry/Thompson core is, until our offseason is over, a better two-man core than Harden/(pick your favorite supporting guy). However, with Bogut/Jefferson/Biedrins eating up the entire salary cap for 2013/2014, the Warriors are in the position of likely losing Landry and Jack, and then will have to retool on the fly in summer 2014, as they only have Curry/Thompson/Lee/Barnes/Green/Ezeli on the books for '14-'15.

Barring a quantum leap from Harrison Barnes, the Warriors will be worse next year than they were this year despite the youth of their core. The Rockets, meanwhile, WILL get at least one legit #2 guy, even if it's not Howard, and will roll out this year with a really good, young team that will still remain fairly cap-flexible to adapt on the fly.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Ill take Harden and Parsons lmao

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Klay Thompson is overrated by many.

Surprisingly, I'd take Lin and Harden over Curry and Thompson any day.

6. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

So would at least 29 GMs.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it is a toss up really

for the warriors to excel they need Bogut to be healthy - unfortunately he hasnt shown that at all the last few seasons.

Curry has ankle problems which are nagging which is also a concern but if those do not happen again he will lead the Warriors in becoming a really good team on his own.

I like Klay Thompson a lot but he tends to be inconsistent - if he becomes a more solid player and consistent (think poor man's brandon roy pre-injury)

Barnes will only get better

On paper the Warriors do have a better future right now - their future depends on the health of two guys for sure. Their bench does need to get better but that should hopefully over time.

If the Rockets do get Dwight though this offseason without having to lose anyone then its the Rockets by a longshot.

Right now though I would say its the warriors by a hair we have still some glaring weakeness in our starting 5 the warriors do not have (no PF, no real offensive threat from center, inconsistent Lin) but their injuries are a huge concern

#27 The_Yoyo, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Klay Thompson, the chucker with a 12.7 PER and 10.3 in the playoffs? :rolleyes:

Harden and any of Parsons/Lin/Asik are a better two-man core, because Harden trumps Curry and any of the latter three trump Thompson.

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

getting howard will put them over the warriors...no doubt about it. otherwise, no.

10. rocketblood713

11. Nook

Nook Member

Well I don't know.....

The Rockets have a better cap situation and have the best single player (Harden), which really matters in the NBA.

On the other hand, the Warriors have the best young prospect, in Harrison Barnes which could certainly swing the advantage to GS if Barnes becomes a Glen Robinson clone.

Andrew Bogut is nearing the end, and they really have no suitable replacement. That will be a huge hole, and I do not think we can count on the Warriors easily replacing him.

The Warriors could be losing Jarret Jack, which will be a serious loss for them. The Rockets will be losing Garcia and Delfino, but will probably be in a position to replace them more easily.

Klay Thompson gets a lot of press, but he actually did not have a very good year, and his upside is more than neutralized by Parsons on the Rockets as far as potential growth.

If the Rockets get Dwight Howard, they will be a definite cut above GS and in the elite group occupied by the Thunder, Heat and Spurs.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

This. Plus we whoooooped their asses this year.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The health of their core players will determine this in the next few years. In the post season especially, Bogut will become increasingly more and more important. He has yet to show that he can remain healthy for a full season.

Curry and Thompson are going to continue to get better, and become an offensive nightmare for other teams to deal with... However it means nothing in the playoffs if you can't defend teams with size.

I would say its a toss up from a talent perspective, but I like Houston's chances more long term because of the health issues of Bogut especially and even Curry

(HUGE KNOCK ON WOOD FOR THE ROCKETS HEALTH).

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

On the realgm threads it was 57-56 rockets with 22 saying the same.

So with this number I have come up with Clutchfans homerism factor:

(56/113)/(5/49)=4.86.

I wonder what it is for other forums?

I think rockets have a better future because of that cap space, but if we don't use it then I might lean toward GS. Their best player curry has a very good contract, better than harden. However they have a few bad contracts on that team.

15. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

really? you are asking this question in a rockets fan forum?

16. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

I think the Warriors are in a better position if both rosters remain the same.

Curry is just freaking amazing. And Klay Thompson is proving to be a really good player.

But we know that rosters change. And Houston has a pretty good team even with its current roster. Houston definitely has a greater ability to add pieces.

17. pnr

pnr Member

We whooped their team in the reg season and if we had won two more games we would have been 6th seed over them. That January schedule with all of those back 2 backs was just a killer.

18. haydenfisher342

After they let go of Bogut, and have tons of cap space in 2014, they will offer max to LBJ

Curry
    Thompson
    Barnes
    LBJ
    Who cares

lin
    harden
    parsons
    howard
    asik.

Damn Western conference showdown for sure. toss up really

19. FLASH21