1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Side business......side business

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who the **** is Gene?

Yung-T likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saul's (Jimmy) new name in Omaha, post BB.....

Yung-T likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Dumb question - who did Mike see messing with his gas cap at the end?

I'm having a hard time remembering where the series left off with Mike. I remember he robbed a cartel truck but can't remember who he did it for?

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Presumably one of Gus's minions.

Mike robbed the cartel to pay for a new house for his daughter in law and granddaughter. When Mike robbed the cartel he left the driver blind-folded and unharmed on the side of the road. A pedestrian found the driver. The cartel killed the innocent pedestrian which pissed off Mike so he set out to kill the cartel with a sniper rifle. This is when someone set off the horn on his car.

I am really glad i rewatched the last episode of season 2 a few days before the season 3 premier.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I watched the second half of the episode after falling asleep the first time I was watching it.

I'm sorry, I think its fair to be critical when deserved. There was a 5 minute scene of Jimmy painting over a rainbow and Kim debating between a period, semicolon or dash on a legal document.

I get that it speaks to their characters... but that's just bad television.

Rox11 and Yung-T like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What exactly did Mike do with the transmitters?

Order a duplicate?

Why did he connect one to his radio? to run the battery down? Scramble the signal?

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's where I'm unclear as well. I assume he ran the battery down on the tracker that his stalkers left on his gas cap?? That way, the signal slowly dies out instead of just disappearing (if he had chosen to just destroy it). And then he replaced their tracker with the one he bought, so he could back-trace them (and consequences will never be the same).

Torn n Frayed and ima_drummer2k like this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is correct. They made it a point to show how the tracker works and in the tracking screen you can see the battery life. It was a masterfully detailed sequence.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I know I've commented on these kinda complaints before but that one just spoke to the pressure Kim was under taking on Mesa Verde and essentially promising the world to them in 3 days. It was becoming so overwhelming that she couldn't even get her punctuation together... it had to be that perfect in her mind.

Also doesn't help that Jimmy keeps leaving his clients idle while Kim has to pick up his slack as well.

I bet those 5 minutes of Mike starring through that sniper scope had you gouging your eyeballs out. Again this show is a slow grind on how the guy became Saul Goodman... I think a lot of you are just expecting and anticipating the Saul thing now. Like right now. Like now now. Which just isn't going to happen.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I like the show, but your response inst fair. There is difference between a scene taking a long time to develop and a plot. The complaint that person made is that each scene is being drawn out too slowly.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

To me it's more about how nonchalant Jimmy is being about things (painting over a rainbow in the lobby for aesthetics) especially his own actual cases and clients vs. how specific and detail oriented Kim is being because of how much of the burden has fallen on her. Both at the result of Jimmy's actions.

But to each their own I guess.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He wanted ernesto to hear it. Look at Chucks face afterward

Uprising likes this.
  14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

One thing that confused me was the tracking device being on both cars. Obviously, the bad guys would know he switched cars and kept the same gas cap. Did I miss him also finding a tracker in his original (black) car?

15. JayZ750

This dynamic is already well established for people who watched seasons 1/2.

Also if you're going to have a slow scene it might as well be a guy deciding whether to shoot someone than 5 minutes of fretting over punctuation. That's just basic storytelling.

All the slowness than just accentuates slowness throughout. Whereas if there was more action I might be more ok with the repeated slowness of chuck scenes, now they are just becoming another bore. We get it. He uses thongs, hates electricity and makes people put cell phones in mailboxes.

Mike scenes are slow but at least interesting. Like I was figuring out what the heck he was doing with the GPS tracker he bought and then figured it out throughout the scene and want to know more about who's tracking him, where he's going to follow it to, what will happen, etc.

I just don't care about Kim, Mesa Verde or even Chuck really. It's been a snooze fest for a bit and only relevance is in how it impacts Jimmy to eventually be more involved in the Mike storyline.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought about it, but didn't get a chance to. I probably should have. It would have made this episode more enjoyable.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

All in all, its all about action. Got it!

18. JayZ750

Lol. I didn't use the word action at all.

I compared two scenes and just noted which one clearly makes more compelling television.

You could put the Kim and Jimmy scene up against a scene of paint drying ... and that's he only case where it'd be a tie. Since the scene in question literally was paint drying lol.

I mean there wasnt even compelling dialogue.
    Are you ready?
    Ready.
    Great.
    Never mind.
    Ok.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You liar!

All in all my point was that I enjoy the show, through the peaks and valleys. I don't remember Breaking Bad being all about action and believe me that show had its slow parts especially in the first season. We waited for it to pick up and it turned into one of the greatest gangsta prodigy stories ever.

Enjoy it over the sh**storm that has become The Walking Dead.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I enjoy the show, but agree it's slow. However, I still contend that if Breaking Bad never existed this show would be 100% garbage. Which begs the question - is the show really even good?