1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

1 thing they really missed, minor or not is using flat screen computer monitors, on Kim's desk, but still using flip phones to set the time period..

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good episode, I really enjoyed the back and forth between Jimmy and that other slimy lawyer. And of course Mike finally meeting Gus was pretty epic.

One thing I did NOT like was how Mike got the drugs to fall onto the truck. That seems REALLY far-fetched. Is there no wind in the desert? No way all that coke would land on the bumper without it blowing away in the wind before it hits.

Otherwise very good episode.

Jayzers_100, Rox11 and GRENDEL like this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I assumed that the majority of it would have blown away but there would still have been some residue there, enough at least to alert the drug dogs....so they'd search the trucks.....

Rox11 and kaleidosky like this.
  4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Good episode and I like Kim Wexler, I will be curious to see how bad Jimmy screws up for her to leave him or how that unfolds.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gustavo always looks like he jizzed in his pants when not amused.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

man that slimy prosecutor's hair was whack.

Great episode. Nice camera work throughout. Things are moving along nicely now.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As someone disappointed in the season thus far, this episode was a very very strong step in the right direction. Not coincidentally, there was less Chuck, less Jimmy dealing with random old people, less Mesa Verde case interaction, etc.

I still feel the show so far would be better of called "Hanging with Hermantrout" or "Moody Mike" or something as that story line remains the more interesting one to me ... and its progression this episode was a big plus.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Here are all 10 episode titles for this season:

EP 1: Mabel
    EP 2: Witness
    EP 3: Sunk Costs
    EP 4: Sabrosito
    EP 5: Chicanery
    EP 6: Off Brand
    EP 7: Expenses
    EP 8: Slip
    EP 9: Fall
    EP 10: Lantern

Now, I get it. It was mentioned way back in Season 1. Yep.

9. dandorotik

OK, you want to talk deep? Remember in EP 1 when Jimmy and Chuck were discussing that children's book "The Adventures of Mabel"? Well, this is a passage from that book:

"What's this? " said the policeman, as he pulled out a long knife and an iron tool called a 'jimmy,' such as robbers use to break into houses. Both the men turned very pale."

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Why did Mike fire off all those bullets?

And if that coke fell on the truck how much actual residue would stay after driving?

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

He was throwing them off thinking that it was hunters so he could shoot the bag/shoe of drugs. If he hadn't done that they probably would have been suspicious and stopped/drove fast after the first shot (and lost more on the bumper/maybe not even get any on the bumper etc.). I mean I guess he could've shot the bag and then shot in the air a lot, but this way it put them at ease. If they weren't feeling right about crossing the border they probably would have stopped the run.

Good question on drug residue, I'm not sure.

#191 CCity Zero, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  12. dandorotik

They didn't have to drive that far

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Another way to look at this is how they use those dogs. They just sniff around the truck, maybe walk inside. Doesn't seem like they need much to sniff. Not like those dogs need you to open food containers or suitcases or tires wheels, etc.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I mean they'd probably wait till last point to store guns. So definitely agree.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If it's anything half as sad as when Walt's son turned on him.

tear

16. Buck Turgidson

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Eladio .....is a tad....effeminate.

BTW Odenkirk and Cranston are hilarious comedians and can be at the helm of dramatic pieces as well.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hrmmm no idea what Jimmy and Kim are up to

The photographs Mike took, what are they for? Jimmy seems more interested in how they turned out than finding any new information from them, like he plans to present the photos at a hearing.

And Kim confronting Chuck at the end, what was that about? Trying to confirm the existence of a tape? As they both said, it's obvious there is a copy of the recording. Is she trying to provoke Chuck into playing it at the hearing? He didn't need any encouragement to do that.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I assume the pictures are to set up Chuck's state of mind and how his "illness" effects his reasoning, like he pointed out with the lamp on old newspapers.

The confrontation at the end, I think they are setting Chuck up. Jimmy and Kim made a big effort to never confirm the existence of a tape, just referred to as personal property in paperwork.