1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Jan 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, definitely great episode! I sometimes wish I'd wait longer to watch instead of same day. Oh well, it's only another week...

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Mike makes this show go.

More mike the better.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hate to see him leave Kim again but its in the nature of Jimmy McGill.

Mr. Royce White could take a page out of his textbook.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Thought the same thing tonight. It just drags like hell until they get to Mike.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

man I love this show.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Come on, squat cobbler was the best part of that episode.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is nothing when facing a Chicago sunroofed car. :grin:

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Episode 1 I'd give a 3/10. People liked it because of easter eggs. It didn't stand on its own IMO. Episode 2 was solid.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is maybe fifteen minutes of content in a one hour episode of BCS. They stretch a 1 minute scene out to 7-10 minutes. I get that these scenes are important to develop Saul's character, but how much tension do we need to buiild flipping a light switch?

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think the slow pacing is great. I watched "Billions" beforehand. It's loaded with quick cuts, dramatic confrontations, profane tirades, music blaring, slick production, superstar cast - and yet it's so not nearly as good as "Saul" precisely because the value of all of that stuff wears off. It's basically hedge fund "Ballers" that takes itself more seriously.

Saul meanwhile excels at telling the story of the mundane - and the portraits are way more realistic as a result.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Episode 1 was great. Showing Jimmy not giving a **** and then working with Kim to scam their way into a bottle of $50 shots. That showed Slipping Jimmie was still alive and leads to the eventual transformation into Saul.

I guess I'm just not one to grade every episode expecting it to be the best thing ever. I thought it moved the story forward and I enjoyed watching it. (unlike some of the filler episodes on walking dead)

12. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

This show is rather terrible. If it wasn't associated with Breaking Bad no one would watch it. Every episode is so boring.

I think I'm going to stop watching

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Mike really is carrying the show when Jimmy isn't in Slippin' Jimmy mode.

14. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

This is crazy. I think BCS is one of the best shows running right now. People thought Breaking Bad started out slow too. So even if you consider the current episodes boring, smart money says it will be worth your time to stick with it.

15. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

It's just so boring and slow. Im not very interested in any characters or storylines.

16. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I hear TWD has lot's of action. I've been out on it for a few years though so I may be wrong. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

[​IMG]

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a lawyer.. .....you won't see much shooting around, Mexican standoffs

When he becomes Saul and Ehrmanntraut is involved with guys like Gustavo things will turn.

It is a different kind of series, one iota humorous, a tad nostalgic and sad, much more nuanced.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like BCS. It really is a genius show when it gets you to care when there is really nothing going on.There is absolutely nothing going on. I'm starting to think I care because BB was so good. Plus there is no tension since we know where Saul and Mike end up. BCS is just drawn out scenes and BB easter eggs.

In the past I agreed with people when they said BB was slow to begin, but I think I have changed my opinion. Had to go to Wikipedia to jog my memory of season 1 and a lot happened. A LOT

I struggle to remember the BCS highlights of season 1.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can only speak for myself. I loved almost every side character in BB.

Even Hank Schrader and his wife, the Grey Matter woman and so on.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm still just trying to understand what bug is up Jimmy's brother's butt about Jimmy being a lawyer. He doesn't seem happy about any of it. Even in this last episode, he pretended like he was happy about it. It is implied that Jimmy didn't really earn it and or didn't earn it from a prestigious institution...so his brother doesn't take him seriously. But, it seems like more than that with Chuck. He almost seems to be afraid of Jimmy eclipsing him in his field and is trying to prevent that. It's almost like a turf war.