1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Jan 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah, it was pointed out a few pages back.

2. SuraGotMadHops

The BB/BCS universe is so big on missed opportunities and reflection on past events. Walter could've taken the job at Grey Matter that Gretchen offered him, he had about 2 exit points out of the meth game, Mike could've killed the truck driver and saved a civilian, and now, assuming it's Gus - if he lets Mike shoot Hector, then Hector would not have blown him up at the nursing home some years later.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

This more-or-less summarizes my view on the relationship.

I don't so much have a problem with the concept that Chuck seemingly plans to expose Jimmy. It's more an issue of how he did it for me.

I felt like there was a flash of recognition in Chuck's eye's when Jimmy ran into the copy-shop that said essentially: "oh, I see, anytime I'm in real trouble you're always there for me... this is your weakness... the way for me to expose you is to use your unconditional love for your brother against you." And that's what he did. He played on Jimmy's emotions by faking an emotional breakdown.

Maybe I'm okay with that if Chuck hadn't resented Jimmy being a lawyer in the first place. But Jimmy has stuck by Chuck as a brother through all the bad feelings, and Chuck used that to stab him in the back. Kinda jacked.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If gus and nacho are working together then that makes sense of the double agent theory. Because there is no way in hell nacho didnt srand in front of him on purpose! Or maybe he did accidentally, but if it was accidental then how much of a coincidence is it that that was the same view point mike used? There was so many other places mike could of shot from. The only way to debunk my theory is if that Mike had gone to that same spot previously and measured everything out for the shot, so that he would work on it with the gun supplier.. Meaning someone was even watching Mike from that time, knowing he would be sitting there for the shot...then notifying Nacho where to stand..

1 person likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

didn't see it , nope I was first. :p
    If you think Chuck is in the right here (not saying Jimmy is) you really don't understand this show. They have gone great lengths to show Chuck's disdain and jealousy of Jimmy. Take Jimmy's behavior towards chuck for example (before screwing him over finally), he's always there for his brother and wishes the best for him. Hell, he was even guilted into telling chuck to come back to the law (even though it meant he would pursue him) and admitted what he did.

Chuck kept Jimmy as a b**** boy and made Howard out to be the bad guy for the majority of the 1st season, pretending he didn't know anything.

Its pretty clear at this point, not sure where the (usual neocon) posters get off sometimes.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Did he do it to hurt Kim? Or did he do it to keep from losing potentially millions of $$ ? The bank was a huge sum client. I think the money trumps any revenge here.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He knew she declined the other big position and knows that the bank account is all shes got and NEEDS to start her practice. He on the other hand has a very big and successful company worth millions i assume. He is a dbag, end of story.

What i have noticed however is even tho Chucks character has some emotional issues with Saul, when he does make a decision it always seems like emotions were never a factor. Almost anything he does is because it is the 'right' thing or to benefit him. He seperates emotions from business.

8. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

In season 2 episode 3 of Breaking Bad, Gomez says in reference to Hector Salamanca, "Stroke or no stroke, old school gang bang Mexicans don't help the feds."

So he had a stroke. His condition won't be caused by Gus, Mike, or anyone else. Cool story, I know. Just watching through the series again and noticed that offhand comment.

#588 KDJ3, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Some poisons can simulate strokes . . . We know Gus is not above poisoning someone

Rocket River

10. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Good point, but I'm still inclined to believe that no one contributed to his being in a wheelchair. If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it and I'm sure it would be done in an awesome way.

11. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Is there any evidence that shows where we are in the timeline between Gus/hector? Has the poisoning massacre already happened?

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No It has not
    but it shows he knows chemicals

Rocket River

13. ChineseJSmoove

Better Call Saul

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Spoiler alert:

They started filming this week for Season 3 at Cinnabons and Twister. Cinnabons' is the location for the black-and-white openers for Season 1 and 2, so they will probably open Season 3 in Nebraska (after Saul goes into hiding). Twisters is the restaurant in ABQ that they transformed into Los Pollos Hermanos

15. Buck Turgidson

So what'd I miss? Anything blow up yet? - Jimmy

16. Asian Sensation

Just started filming? Booo I thought this thread was bumped because the premiere is coming up soon.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

hope it picks up ..slept through half the episodes last season

18. Buck Turgidson

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Looking forward to see how they play out his rise, should be an interesting season.