1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Still seems like liberal fantasy to me.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seems EXTREMELY unlikely to me.

4. Buck Turgidson

He would better represent the interests of Texas (something Cruz doesn't even pretend to do) but it ain't gonna happen.

Marteen likes this.
  5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love for him to win, but I don't see a Democrat winning Texas even against a politician as unpopular as Cruz. I feel like Cruz has never bothered to represent the people of Texas in his perpetual quest to run for president.

6. JuanValdez

This thing about not taking corporate PAC money or outsider money isn't doing Beto any favors. Texas swing voters won't give him any credit for his "principles."

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Polls are meaningless
    People have figured out . . . just lie to the pollsters

Rocket River

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I hope so because Cruz is a Rockets fan and that really pisses me off. Sorry if that sounds petty but that **** angers me.

Marteen likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

As much of a slimy piece of garbage Ted Cruz is he hasn't diddled any kids so his seat is safe.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

is this the new "Texas turning blue?" thread?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Polls actually has been just fine. For example, the polls showed that Roy Moore vs. Doug Jones was gonna be very close. And it was.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Not a chance, Cruz is way too popular among the people who voted for him.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Yeah right. He's just better at burying his skeletons, I haven't ever been more certain of something than I am of the fact that this is the face of a child diddler:

[​IMG]

15. JuanValdez

dmoneybangbang and wouldabeen23 like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is the ZODIAC smiling.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

And many people are saying that apparently his dad was in on the JFK hit.

conquistador#11 and B-Bob like this.
  18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

He won't win but he's doing it the right way. No Texas Democrat has any name ID. Declaring early and just slowly working your way across the state is pretty much all you can do. Cruz isn't especially popular but he's popular enough to comfortably win. You just have to keep trying and hope to break through. Republicans were in this trap for decades until John Tower won a Senate seat.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The fact that its even a close race actually speaks to how polarizing and unpopular Cruz is with Democrats and independents here in Texas.

Beto really needs to make Education a priority in campaigning. Its an issue that is really Cruz's weakness with anyone that isn't head over heals in love with Christian Private Schools. Beto can take his record working with Abbott to really hobble Texas public schools. He has a TON of background to really build a strong campaign against Cruz on this issue, and its something that will have majority support even here in Texas.

Making the issues around opposing, lets say the Tax bill, just won't fly here in Texas where the state is actively courting and bringing in so many C-Corp's.

Beto has a tough road ahead of him, and with the pro-fossil fuel funders here in Texas, the funding will not be in Beto's favor. I actually gave him a donation this morning, and encourage my Dem friends here to do the same. I understand Texas is Ruby Red traditionally but for the longest time we've had representation that doesn't do a good job of representing anyone that isn't pro-privatizing EVERYTHING, pro-education, and be able to give another side to the hard right leadership we've had here with people like Rick Perry and Abbott running the state to do whatever the hell they want.

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

I wouldn't pick him to win if I had to put money on it but I think people are underestimating Beto's chances. Trump performed pretty poorly in Texas in comparison to other red states and compared to past Republican candidates and was even up against a very unpopular opponent. Cruz has completely tied himself to the Trump ship and if a strong enough blue wave comes in November I honestly wouldn't be that surprised to see Cruz go down.