1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Nov 6, 2018.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

What did Trump accomplish before 2016.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It may work in Texas but on a National scale, he will get stomped. Look what the Democrats did to Bernie.

ghettocheeze and B-Bob like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What has Ted Cruz done? Or Obama before he got elected.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe. The Democrats need to make some changes in how they do things no matter who runs and they've already taken steps to ensure that the wrongs done to Sanders won't be done again. I remember when Obama ran he started off not taking any of certain types of money, but then realized that he couldn't fund his campaign on the same scale unless he did that. So Beto would have to make some changes too. I don't know if that means that he would have to lose his independence though. If he's a strong enough leader he could pull the Democratic party over to his way of doing business.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Most likely there will be a recession in 19 or 20. Can't be running defecit like this forever + no recession in last 10 years.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Technically speaking , a defecit isn't going to lead to a recession.

Now maybe if a bubble pops , or consumer confidence goes down ... that's another issue.

The economy is a tricky beast .

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Beto had ANY experience beyond being a House member I'd think he was a massive favorite to be the Dem nominee. It's just such a big leap to make. How does he enhance his resume?

I could more easily see him as Biden's VP pick.

joshuaao likes this.
  8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

He's the perfect candidate if Dems really want to keep moving left. He's pretty darn liberal on most of his policies BUT he's affable and good looking...which goes a long way in getting someone elected. Those are probably his best traits. People compare him to a "Texas Kennedy" not because of his policies (they are actually left of most Kennedy policies), but because he has that roguish handsomeness that's not perfect.

I think that's 75% of why most people "love" him. Most of my friends don't want to abolish ICE, but they voted for him because he's cool.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really believe that it has more to do with how much most of us dislike Cruz than we like anything about Beto because as you say , his policy is far left and that's just not going to win Texas where the left is still somewhat right.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean is Cruz disliked by Texas Republicans?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I could see him as a VP pick, but you need a winner who isn’t a p***y as the head of the ticket.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That makes no sense. He obviously pulled in voters in Texas that voted for Trump. If not that he drove up suppressed normally Dem voters who didn’t vote for Hillary.

Look no further than Collin Allred who doesn’t win without Beto. We will see with Lindsay Fagan in Denton county, the fastest growing county in Texas.

Point being, there are some pretty obvious signs that at least here in Texas, Beto took a big step up from where Hillary was tracking just two years ago who won the popular vote by 3 points. Texas having a changing of the guard in the suburbs is a big warning sign for Trump in 2020. Beto or Beto like politics obviously helps the Dems beyond where they are with suburban voters in 2016.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Member

Not by any I know. They all love him and think he has done a tremendous job.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This makes me want to not vote for Beto .

I probably hate Steve Kerr more than Donald trump .

**** the warriors .

Os Trigonum and arkoe like this.
  16. Supermac34

Yes, many Texas Republicans held their noses and voted for Cruz. The closeness of the race was a referendum on Cruz and the likability of Beto. Look at the governor's race. Wasn't even close...and it was on the same ballot.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. Supermac34

Steve Kerr trying his hardest to get Trump re-elected in 2020.

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Slow down there low down it ain't over yet

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Has no choice imo. Was within striking distance in a competition he should have had no chance in. He carried others to victory in areas that they shouldn't have won. Texas would support a Texan over The Donald all day long if that were the matchup. I have no doubt of that. Can't say that for any other Democratic candidate. He's gotta run period.

quikkag likes this.
  20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Him and avenatti could team up and run a little god cop bad cop.