1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Young Point Guard in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FearTheBeardJH, Dec 17, 2012.

?

Best Young Point Guard in the NBA

1. Derrick Rose

23.0%
  2. Russell Westbrook

13.3%
  3. Kyrie Irving

37.2%
  4. Ricky Rubio

5.5%
  5. Damian Lillard

8.1%
  6. Jeremy Lin

12.9%
  1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I wanna say Rose, I'm the BIGGEST Rose fan but ahhhhhh I just don't know about the knee injury. ACLs are just so hard to recover from and also Rose's game depends on his explosiveness from his knees so.

Westbrook is too inconsistent and just not as good as a POINT GUARD, particularly on defense.

Lillard is great but I wanna see more.

Lin is well, mmh.

Fuq Ricky Rubio the most overrated player, even more than Lin. Shooting in the low 40%, injured, too soft and too spanish.

Sooooo Kyris Irving, tho he's bit selfish but he's playing on a scrub team. Though you really gotta elevate the players around you but meeh.

2. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Actually correction.

Rubio is averaging a career 35% shooting something like 6 points wow. #turrible.

3. trowa2

trowa2 Member

lol. ok, so if a pg cant score, he isnt a pg

4. trowa2

trowa2 Member

fixed

5. devin23

devin23 Member

Irving is hella overrated. I mean yes, he is an offensive force, but it takes both sides to win. Dude is a defensive liability. Their records are such horrible this year. Great PGs elevate other teammates game.

6. il italiano

il italiano Member

the best pure pg? Rubio no doubt. Best player? close between Rose and Irving

7. FearTheBeardJH

Westbrook had the higher PER the same year Rose won MVP. And that doesn't include defense, ability to play off-ball and not missing clutch free throws.

Rose had the worst MVP postseason in NBA history is by far worst MVP to ever play the game of basketball. If anyone thinks Rose was better than Westbrook since 2011 then he doesn't know basketball(Westbrook also totally outplayed him off the bench in 2010 FIBA World Chamionship).

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Speaking of Nash, you should take a look at Irving's shooting numbers this early in his career compared to Nash. Kyrie is a ridiculously good shooter for someone so young. He is much more than handles. With Rose coming off major knee surgery I would rather have Kyrie than him.

9. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Rubio??? Really?? How many sample of games does he have to be on that list? If Rubio vs. Lin, I'd pick Lin.

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Rubio played in more games than Lin last year.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why isn't rondo there?

It feels good.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Because he is 26, and it is an under 25 club.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Have you SEEN that Cleveland roster? There's literally no one else aside from Varejao who would be a rotation player on our team, a .500 ballclub. Irving is going to leave in eight years from now because as normal, they completely flubbed two straight #4 picks.

14. SK34

SK34 Member

LOL

you may want to watch this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RS0Juf5gLP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also note - Rose didn't have a SG. HE had Brewer. Lebron Guarded rose, because Lebron had someone else you can guard DENG. Noah wasn't a scorer. Westbrook had Kevin Durant - Lebron had to guard Durant. If Lebron played D on Westbrook. He would shut down westbrook.

15. SK34

SK34 Member

Why is Lin on the list?

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Could have sworn Battier spent most of his time guarding Durant... :confused::confused::confused:

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

to please the LOFs

18. ashiin

ashiin Member

At this point it has to be Westbrook vs Irving, if there's anybody I really want to be beast it's Rubio or Lin

19. trowa2

trowa2 Member

westbrook is the best pg right now

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. How old are ty lawson and steph curry? Why is lin on the list?