1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Western Conference Playoffs EVER!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kruze10, Apr 1, 2013.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

you are gonna be saying that next year, the year after, and the year after, and the year after that...

hahhhahahahha every year people say.."its shaping up to be the most exciting season eva!!!!" "the playoffs are gonna be the most crazy eva!!!!"' lmaooo hahahha no offense but just funny seeing people come up with these comments haha knowing their short-lived excitement is gonna be around again much rather sooner than later

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I like our chances of taking 1 or 2 games from any of these top 4 teams.

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lets just try to get it to game 6. That way at the very least we get another home game and bring in some revenue.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

If it wasn't for the Rockets finally making the playoffs I don't think I would care as much. I didn't pay attention to the playoffs last year until the conference finals. The same as all of the year's the Rockets didn't make the playoffs.

5. China Rockets

China Rockets Member

Rockets VS Spurs

I think Rockets will face Spurs in the 1 round, OKC will catch Spurs, and be the first seed in the West

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, it will be better than that terrible ATL-MIN matchup that the poor kid in the NBA television ad has to watch.

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

Well then we're done because Lin can't grow a beard

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Not optimistic at all against OKC.. Really would rather play Denver if possible, even though I'm pessimistic against them as well.

OKC will sweep us in 4.

9. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Can someone explain to me why Memphis is stuck at #5 despite having a better record than the Clippers? Thanks.

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Clippers won their division

11. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

So in order for the Grizz to get the 3rd seed, the Nuggets would have to fall behind both the Clippers and Memphis?

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Let OKC take over as the #1 seed and we have a puncher's chance in the first two rounds.

IMO, the most important matchup for us is at PG. I'm not saying this to hate, but we're done for if Lin is matched up with a top notch guy or even a defender like Conley that can gum him up.

Despite the blow out, Denver without Lawson and Gallinari is a team we want. San Antonio with a gimpy Parker and Ginobili as well.

Not especially eager to face anyone else on the slate.

Yes.
    Memphis still gets homecourt advantage despite being the #5 seed, though.

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Perfect anti-jinx.

14. AXG

AXG Member

No, just Memphis. Denver and Memphis switch seeds 3 and 5, and LAC would stay 4th. However, the 5th seed would still have homecourt advantage by having a better record.

15. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Thunder are currently a half game back of the Spurs. Assuming they win their division, OKC owns the tiebreaker due to confrence record.
    OKC Remaining Schedule
    @ GSW
    @ POR
    vs. SAC
    vs. MIL

SAS Remaining Schedule
    @ DEN
    vs. SAC
    @ LAL
    @ GSW
    vs. MIN
    I could see San Antonio dropping a game, especially if they end up resting their starters @ LAL or @ GSW, depending on whether or not Pop wants to fight for the 1 seed. If San Antonio goes 4-1, OKC will need to go 4-0. I say OKC takes it.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Hope you are right.

17. Asian Sensation

I can't wait for the battle between Z-bo/Griffin and Gasol/Jordan. They always play each other physically and with a hostile bum like Matt Barnes in the mix it's going to get quite "chippy" out there.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

How boring are these playoffs? :p