1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best way to make this partnership work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by realonemo, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought the stats so far show that Westbrook on the court without Harden was something like -17.

daywalker02, YOLO and J Sizzle like this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Thats what I think but I think this will never happen.

When teams are doubling harden we can always bring in Gordon for house and put him at the top of the key and move Russ to the weakside corner where he can shoot or cut for the dunk or layup. I think his percentages are better from the corner 3 over his career.

D-rock likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He lost me at filling Tilman's pockets....

Easy likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only way this partnership works is if you had Anthony Davis to this group.

Without defense this team can not go very far. Highly entertaining but won't go far.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Interesting solution …. But complicated by the offensive limitations of Capela meaning you couldn't play WB with both Capela and Harden as it would screw up the spacing , you'd need a shooter in place of Capela in that lineup.

Maybe that's Hartenstein …. maybe not ? But any reduction in Capela's minutes as well as he's played of late seems …. crazy.

Planting WB on the baseline (at the 3 point line) on the opposite side from Tucker seems the best option. He can make that shot with a bit more regularity than wing / top of the key 3's.

After watching WB these first few weeks , What I see is a guy that's really explosive but lacking flexibility.
    He appears kinda stiff , maybe some stretching to loosen the tension and create some fluidity to his movements might help him with his shooting. He's all fast twitch fibers ….

Send him to a yoga class …. couldn't hurt.

7. dmoneybangbang

It’s about balance.....

Harden should absolutely play off the ball more considering WB’s shooting woes. However that doesn’t mean Harden shouldn’t be the player who is overall handling the ball.

#27 dmoneybangbang, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  8. dmoneybangbang

Why not all? Why not mix up attacks? Run some plays with Harden playing off the ball, run some plays with WB playing like a center, and have Harden do his thing?

D-rock likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we need a bigbum/basketmad cage match :D

D-rock, clutchdabear and topfive like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Look at whose sharing the court with WB... and how many shots are being missed by Macklemore and Rivers.

I’ve seen a lot of good looks being generated that are just being missed. If the shooters aren’t making baskets off the drive and kick then the bench unit will suffer.

Hopefully Gordon will come back healthy and accurate.

D-rock likes this.
  11. realonemo

realonemo Member

Exactly. I'm not saying take away what Harden is great at but to maximize Russ and allow James to mix it up a little bit more. Smart NBA people been saying this before the start of the season. When James and CP were on the floor together, James could be the primary handler because CP could play off the ball but Russ cannot.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So let me get this straight.

Our options are to take the ball out of the hands of the greatest point creator in NBA history. Or have him deal with poor spacing due to his stormtrooper aim costar.

We're already settling for let's do what we can to salvage this partnership. Perfect fit, so glad we traded for him.

YOLO likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

When you are shooting 2- a lot on 3 point attempts.... it seems like a great idea to have that person get easier shoots by playing off ball just a little bit more....

Tell that to the "greatest point creators in NBA history" who wanted WB over CP3...... Seems like a lot of folks aren't remember that part...

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

No one knew Westbrick was going to be this bad. If he is injured, then he should sit until his fingers completely heal. Instead he keeps re-aggravating the injury by playing and he keeps bricking away.

Even if Westbrick can shoot 30% from the 3, he would be significantly better for us but he's shooting below 20%! That's absolutely dreadful!

We might as well bring back Corey Sewer to replace Westbrook at this point. At least Brewer is a plus defensively.

15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the new coach of the Houston Rockets.