1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best way to find a realtor?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Mar 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm planning to put my house on the market soon, and am faced with finding a realtor for the first time. I've owned and sold a house previously, but used a realtor that several family members have used and recommended. I loved working with him, but that was over in Deer Park, and since the house I'm looking to sell now is in the Westchase area I need to find a realtor over here.

So any advice on how to go about choosing one? Is it common to interview several realtors or do they take offense to it if you say you are looking around? What types of questions should I ask? I'm hoping to move somewhere in the Montrose/Rice Military/ or Galleria areas, so I'd ideally like to find a realtor that is familiar with not only the area in which I'm selling, but also where I'm looking to move to.

2. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I sent you an email through the board.

3. no_answer

no_answer Member

Go on HAR and search for houses in your area and see who those people are using. That's what we did and it worked out great.

4. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Listing agents are overrated. If you want to save some money I suggest you to use a MLS listing service. It's like $200 flat fee. You get every agent in town selling for you plus you save some commission. Saved me 3% when I sold my house.

5. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

I know a really good agent who is familiar with those areas. If you want I can send you her contact info, just email me at treupac at gmail.com