1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

best third scorer,T.Thomas,R.Wallace,SAR,G.Robinson,Spree

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mingonly, Jul 20, 2003.

?

WHo would fit best with Francis,Posey,Ming

1. Rasheed Wallace

48 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Glenn Robinson

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Tim Thomas

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Kurt Thomas

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. Sprewell

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Allan Houston(remember contract)

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. Sareef-Abdur-Rahim

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Ron Artest(my pick !!)

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Hedo Turkoglu

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Jerry Stackhouse

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. jshabang

jshabang Member

If we have such tradeable parts, then why the hell aren't we makin any movement????

Hell, we're not even in any speculation articles, no rumors, no squat:mad:

Like somebody said weeks ago, either we're not makin any moves or the Rockets Organization should win the top spy, james bond award for not havin any leaks at all in the entire NBA......not one word, CD must be a former secret service agents or somethin

Also that line up AIN'T ALL THAT..........

JVG likes defense and we all know SAR is not exactly Ben Wallace, he's not even John Wallace on D:D

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Maybe the front office thinks that a team that finished 1 game out of the playoffs, has a rookie center with a world of talent, and that recently hired a new coach with a totally different philosophy doesn't need to be torn apart and re-built? :eek:

Just a thought...

3. jshabang

jshabang Member

OK, now back to my original point, and the point you just made.............

If that's the case, then what the hell is the point of this thread????:confused: :rolleyes:

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

there is no point... enough with the speculation. Unless you have a source of some sort, newspaper article, or heard it reported on the radio, don't start posting pointless trades that aren't going to happen. I'm sure the ESPN board is full of them, so go there. As long as there is some proof to backup the trade i don't care

5. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

There were some rumors about this guy around the deadline but nothing ever happened. I really think Shareef Abdur-Rahim is exactly what the Rockets need. He's a bit of a tweener but he puts up good rebounding numbers and can defiantly score. I don't think he's the type of player that can "put a team on his back" (as he's shown in both Van. and Atl) so to speak, but I think he would be one hell of a complimentary player for Francis and Yao. Atlanta being where they are, they are defiantly looking to make some changes. I think Mobley or Griffin, and Rice would be a good starting offer. I'm not sure if they have any interest in those players so maybe you bring in a third team but I don't think they would laugh at you.

Seems everyone wants to trade Rice and his expiring contract but not take on a big contract in return to allow us under the cap. You will have to take another big contract in return but on a team not going anywhere and looking to get under the cap(Atl), you might be able to swing a pretty good player out of that. Although Les doesn't want to pay the luxury tax either so he may just let Rice play out his contract.

Again, I would agree with you that SAR is not a player to build your team around, but if you could get him to compliment Steve and Yao then I think you might have something. I would much rather have him shooting the ball then Mobley, so his offense isn't missed. And his straight-up man defense can't be any worse then Griffins (although he won't block as many shots). IMO he is the upside for Griffin (numbers wise), if you could get the sure thing then why not. Plus he's only 28 or so. He's been in the league awhile but remember he came out as a freshman from UCLA.

The only drawback as I see it is that it would leave us with no viable 2. Unless you think Posey can play the 2 for extended minutes, and even that’s is contingent upon us resigning him.

6. jshabang

jshabang Member

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????