1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best team in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, Nov 28, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because Pop is making a run on Phil and Red for the best NBA coach ever?

2. Remii

Remii Member

I'm not worried about seeding... It is possible to win a championship without having a high seed. Clutch City fans no this. Rockets still need time to get things together rather it be offensively or defensively. Hopefully they can continue winning while working on the things they need to fix. The important thing is they are playing good ball towards the end of the season.

As of now I believe San Antonio is the best team in the west... It's all up in the air after that.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Best? No, that's SA, and the Clippers and Thunder are also in the mix. There are some freaking tough teams this year. Anything below 4th seed would be a disappointment, and a top two seed would be a joyous success.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

San Antonio might get the best record but they are questionable as the best.
    OKC beat them rather easily the other day.

5. allaroundplayer

The Denver & Minnesota home wins were also when their opponents were playing b2b & the Rockets were playing on rest.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Yea I saw that... But I'm not trusting OKC until they can make it through the playoffs without Harden. They're depending on a 2nd year player and a rookie right now. But never know...

7. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Pre-season, I had them 5th seed and Western Conference Finals. Figured on a slow start with the team really hitting its stride in Jan.

Now, with a pretty good start, 4th seed looks very reasonable, but WCF still looks like the ceiling.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lol, where are you coming up with that?

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The top 6 teams are so close, the one(s) that stays the healthiest will go the furthest in the playoffs.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Warriors are out of the mix then

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I agree they are playing some great ball but how long can they hold it up for? They are an older team and its a very long season.

Than again that's what we say every year and they come through every year :(

12. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

the TT experience is Over.

we are starting to get in the right rhythm, we will be a 60+ winning team, when all is set and done.

13. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

I think the spurs will come out with the best record as usual, but it will not get as far as usual in the playoffs (second rounds tops).
    OKC is good but I without a doubt think we could beat them in 6.
    Warriors could cause some problems especially with iggy on harden, but theyre usually to injured to do any real damage, regardless i wouldnt count them out just yet.
    Clippers are a serious match up problem, they beat us in both games easily, if we can get past them then were good to go

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Clippers games were ugly, but the Rockets outscored them in 3 out of the 8 quarters they played. we need Dwight at his highest level, playing like he did against Dallas to have a shot at beating LAC.

but I think it can be done...

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Spurs and OKC .. all giddy for the game in SA

16. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

It's still early in the season, I'm thinking the Blazers should drop out of the top 5 so the Rockets have a good shot @ the #4 spot if we can fend off Dallas. Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers are the legit top 3 teams.

Clippers owned us in the 2 games we played them.

17. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We haven't played the big guns yet apart from the Clippers.
    Though we're deep and talented. Hope we can make it to the top 4 seeds.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This team could easily be 15-2.

Take in to account that the Asik/Howard front court put the Rockets in a first quarter hole constantly.

19. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Still not ready for the elite

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

I want a division title. I am sick and tired of the spurs and gladly rejoiced when they chocked away a championship. Any other team would be crucified as chockers, but not the choir boy spurs. I want a div title and I think we will do it.