1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best team in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacfor35, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I agree completely. Can't see anyone beating them in a 7 games series. Unless Houston miraculously grows up and matures in the next 60-some games...which I don't see happening.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Let's see if the Spurs are healthy come February.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

We are only two games behind the "streaking" Spurs, but those pesky Mavs are keeping pace. They are so annoying.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

also in '06 there was a tanking fiasco at the end of the season to play the Nuggets in the first round, and the brackets were all skewed.

Denver had the guaranteed 3rd seed as division leaders, Dallas had the 2nd best record in the West and had to settle for 4th, and the LA Clippers also had a better record than Denver, and they had the 6th seed with Home Court Advantage.

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The Rockets right now look like a team skirting by on a lot of talent, but I'd like to see them play well more consistently, especially on defense, before predicting they'll advance past the second round. The talent is there for a really good team, but the chemistry needs to come together more.

6. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

you know guys...if it isn't for Portland's surprising start, the Rockets would be #3 in the West right now behind SA and OKC...in front of the Clippers. and right now, we're the #6 team overall in the NBA...#5 if it isn't for Portland. and we beat Portland earlier in the season. So the Rockets are starting as expected. with all our challenges, we're doing REALLY well. I can't wait to see how good our team REALLY is when everyone's healthy and when everything clicks.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Mavs game collapse:

[​IMG]

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's a long season and anything can happen. I'm starting to see some nice things develop with this team and I hope they continue when Harden/Lin return full time. I see us around third or fourth when it's all said and done.

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Spurs, Rockets.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

rockets haven't been tested yet. They have not beaten a contender yet

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

One game against the Hawks on a b2b, and all of a sudden Houston is the best team in the west...

oh....

clutchfans. :grin:

12. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Member

December schedule

Take a look at the December schedule for the Rockets.

It will be a good test for them; Pacers, Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Blazers, etc.

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

That's a killer month...

14. pnr

pnr Member

This is the true test. If you think about it we haven't really had a tough schedule. The two times we've gone up against a true contender we got blown out with a full squad.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Your reading comprehension, is terrible. Just stop.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Spurs are still the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if we make #1 seed next season assuming Morey pulls off a good trade (or two)

17. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

it all comes down to can we beat the elite teams. We've proven we can handle the mid range playoff bound in Minnesota, Portland, Memphis. We collapsed in one of the games against the Clippers and got smoked the other one (granted it was really early on and we've grown a lot as a team with our line up). I think our ceiling is 3-4 unless we can consistently be competitive against Pacers, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers. Otherwise we're just underdogs come playoff time after the first round.

also... long season, we're only 16 games in.

18. yummyhawtsauce

Lol expecting a lot of losses and frustrations and spam posts :D Not to take away from the Rockets or anything, but once Harden is reinserted into the lineup, they have to adjust their chemistry again on the fly against these teams and that will be a few losses. Very excited to see what will happen...

19. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

They might not lose another game.

20. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

How is San Antonio still good?