1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best star player next to Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Fantasma Negro

You know who would be real next to James, Hakeem Olajuwon
    [​IMG]

How about they keep playing the way they are playing with the guys the have that got them the record they are currently at and not worry about the next mans cupboard. I agree size is a need because we are getting killed on rebounds but we have random trade idea thread for that smh...

D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I get the thread and it's fun to dream, but it's tough to say if we would be better with Anthony Davis or even Michael Jordan in his prime. It's all about the butterfly effect. For whatever reason, our current mix of players are performing like world beaters in this system. I agree that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right now, you can't tell me that there's a better star to pair with James than EG

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. valorita

valorita Member

Curry
    (Flash Gordon is Chef Curry skim)

4. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I need harden to recruit the brow hard over the next couple yrs. Capela is nice but if he looking like this with beard then I know AD would be the most unstoppable force in basketball

5. bongman

bongman Member

To me it would be AD. The Beard and Brow playing 4 and having a Center that shoot 3's,

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

To me, it would have to be either AD or Blake, but both of them just seem injury prone at this point. Milsap would be a good option as well. I like PG, but I prefer a big who can space.

7. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Keep in mind James Harden likes movement, he likes players that cut the way Parsons did prior to Dwight getting here.

Gordon Hayward would be nice at the 3.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Harrison Barnes or Wesley Mathews,both on a lottery team that's going no where and a moody owner ,
    of course if they agree 1st to take vet. minimum to join a contender

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Hayward seems to be the most realistic addition. We would have to clear some room for him, but if he is dissatisfied with the Jazz and wants to be the other half of a dynamic duo, he would be perfect next to Harden.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i wish we had traded dwert for some pieces, we got nothing

D-rock likes this.
  11. varughese.arun

@valorita we already have the IDEAL STAR playing next to James- ERIC GORDON! This guy is the real deal. He is finally able to show why he was enough to convince the Pelicans to trade Chris Paul to the Clippers.

Some People think that the Rockets are not going to do this well in the play-offs because teams are gonna focus their defense on Harden and therefore Rockets will not be able to do this well. ERIC GORDON IS GOING TO PROVE HIS WORTH IN THE PLAYOFFS. EG is not only able to catch and shoot, he is ABLE TO CREATE OFF THE DRIBBLE AND GET TO THE BASKET JUST AS WELL AS JAMES HARDEN!

Teams will see that the Rockets have a 2nd player who can create off the dribble and will have a very hard time guarding the Rockets.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Gordon is a 6th man that comes off the bench. We are looking to pair a star that can start next to Harden.

13. PeppermintCandy

The names that are being bounced around in this thread shows me how hard it really is to add another established star. But maybe the Rockets need to go the route of the Detroit Pistons in the previous decade. That is, keep loading the team up with second-tier stars instead of looking to create the next Big Three.

Gordon, Anderson, and, to a lesser extent, Ariza are a good start. Plus, the Rockets have a huge leg up on the Detroit model, as Harden is better than any of the Pistons' starting five. (Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and the two Wallaces)

Maybe look into Greg Monroe? I don't know why but I have a feeling he may do well in Houston. He's got the size, is known for his passing, and he's definitely being shopped. OTOH his contract is as big as Anderson's, and there seems to be questions about his energy and consistency.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The new cba makes it extremely unlikely he will leave Utah.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Klay Thompson, LMA or Griffin would be amazing.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DeAndre Jordan.

ceonwuka likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We can continue to absorb New Orleans cast-offs and acquire Davis.

Hou IN : Davis, Gordon, Anderson
    NO in : DMo, TJ, Ennis

LoL

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With the new CBA giving franchise players heavy financial incentives to stay with their own team, it's probably a lot less likely for the likes of Durant to change teams in free agency. The best that a team can hope for is a second or third tier star or maybe a player in his 30s whose team would hesitate about paying them all the extra money.

So, I wonder how much this changes the Rockets front office's thinking in terms of players to target.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

When he goes into the walk of fame, it will be Michael Jackson's star on his right, and God's star on his left.