1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Seafood Restaurants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Dec 5, 2008.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

FWIW, reef was just voted best new seafood restaurant in the country by bon appetit

2. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

As ridiculous as it is that some people are recommending Red Lobster...apparently they think of themselves that highly. I went for a lunch special recently and they had entrees that were more expensive than Pappas or the late great Kaphans

3. Fatty FatBastard

The 4 of us need to go out sometime now that y'all are in the area.

4. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Boston Sea Party... :(

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Great while it was here.

6. God's Son

God's Son Member

i miss endless shrimp at red lobster its the best man :(

any1 else has something similar to that? i dont even like seafood but i love me some shrimp

7. updawg

updawg Member

Chucky Brown would be impressed with all the Red lobster votes...

If you go to Kemah I recommend the Chart House, other than that I have no insight.

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

can't' believe nobody mentioned Pesce. Expensive but man, the food is great. Off Kirby and Westheimer.

Must get the seafood martini. The very best appetizer of any kind in town. The Kim Chee kicks it up a notch.

9. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

seriously, no offense, but thank you for the worst list in houston.

any mandola owned restaurant is recommended, and i'd like to suggest this place

Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood
    www.dantonsseafood.com

59 & montrose

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

These were the two that immediately came to mind for me when reading the thread title. Both are great.

Reef sounds interesting.

11. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ALSO:

m&s @ the houston pavilions is a great suggestion.

AND

hate dallas as you will, but there was a great write up a month ago regarding reef and several other h-town restaurants:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...oneat_1123tra.ART.State.Edition1.1110307.html

Reef

Crowned the best seafood restaurant in America in the December issue of Bon Appetit magazine, Reef's brilliance stems from Chef Bryan Caswell's uncanny way of integrating the many influences on Houston's culinary scene into a menu that makes graceful sense.

Dishes might include cobia served sashimi style with jalapeño-ponzu and a pickled watermelon salad, an unusually meaty crab cake and roasted grouper served with braised collards, cracklings and potlikker jus. (Don't get too attached; the menu changes frequently.) Look beyond seafood, too: The beef sliders with caramelized onions are irresistible.

2600 Travis St., Houston. 713-526-8282. www.reefhouston.com

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Upscale - Pesce
    Midscale - Tony Mandola's, Danton's, Denis' Seafood House, Pappadeaux on Richmond b/w Kirby & Shepherd
    Down Home - Cap'n Benny's on South Main, Baytown Seafood on South Main, J&J Seafood Market on Stella Link (takeout)

I was not impressed the one and only time I went to REEF.