1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Restaurant in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I really like Guadalajara's fajitas. I've never had anything else there, so I can't speak to the rest of the food.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Pappasito's Cantina used to be among the best, but the quality has really gone down in the last decade. Meat quality is lower. Also, I disagree about Lupe's fajitas. They are pretty mediocre.

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

I agree with you on Lupe's. I had it once in high school and thought it was the bizzomb, didn't have it again for about 10 years. I've had it a few times in the past 3 or 4 years and haven't really been too impressed with it.

4. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Man I went to underbelly for lunch totally disapoints. Uchi way over priced they took french style dining into japanese cuisine. So food that was already not really filling in the first place they give you tiny portions. The food was ok, my mind was not my blown by any stretch of the imagination. Also killens bbq was not that good, brisket too tough, ribs tough too.

The best restaurant I have had is probably Killens steakhouse. They had the best crab cake ever. Cheap Oysters and good gumbo go to Captain Toms.
    And whoever said Timmy Chans, that place is awesome.

I am still waiting for a good ramen place to show up here in Houston. Everyone I have tried has made me so sad.

5. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

El Tiempo is a world class restaurant, but take it for what it is -- mass market tex-mex. It's not high class Mexican nor is it high end fine dining. I personally love it, but you have to define the competitive set when talking about how it ranks versus other restaurants. It is best in class for mass market tex mex. Cylone Anaya's is also good -- more tex than mex though and the clientele at some of the locations has gotten rough (midtown and City Center).

For fine dining, I would say Tony's, Brennan's, and Da Marco's are all outstanding choices. The new places like Uchi, Underbelly, and Oxheart are very different types of restaurants -- more hipster and young clientele. I do not prefer them, although you can have a nice experience there.

6. mushroomface

mushroomface Member

Kasra Persian Grill is my favorite restaurant in Houston. I could eat there every day of the week.

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Uchi and Pappas overall.
    Eddie V's is pretty good.
    I like El Tiempo for fajitas as well as Lupe

Chuys is one of the best places for kids in terms of price, food, desert and drink included.

Pinks pizza is pretty damn good but pretty damn expensive.

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

For real? We work right next to it and eat there often. I always find the food kind of boring.

9. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I love this place. I dunno about my fav but it is delicious.

Random but I will say Morton's is overrated and kinda sucks.

10. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Uchi is ok. I've been a few times because my gf loves it but I have to say overrated. I do like their brussel sprouts. Way too expensive, not filling enough. It is a nice date spot though.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

At El Tiempo you have to go with the grilled items. Their fajitas are top notch. If you want to splurge, order the Deluxe Mixed Grill which has a little bit of everything. My normal order there is a half pound of the filet fajitas.

12. Konquest123

Konquest123 Member

Another vote for the Pass.. their tasting menu is pretty amazing for Houston.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Eating wiener at moontower. Yep definetly the best wiener in Houston.

14. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

damn the pass must be pretty good to get you to post for the first time in almost 2 years lol.

15. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Try tiger den in Chinatown. It's very good.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Pass is more interesting than good. Very subjective of course but it's just too fussy of a eating experience.

Best in class

Vietnamese: the old Givral sandwich shop

Chinese: surprisingly good is E Tao in galleria near Nordstroms. Super authentic and high quality. Bizarre to be found in galleria but they draw. Very good dim sum selection available all day.

17. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Killens Steakhouse is amazing. I recently had the lobster mac n cheese and filet Oscar at Capital Grille and it's hard to find better food

Moe

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. That's my Friday routine. Work half-days. Fajitas and margaritas.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Beef..had them at both, and I prefer Lupe's by a lot.

I'm talking about original Lupe's off of Highway 6. I think there's a difference. I know there's a difference between that one and the one on Echo Lane.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've only been to the Lupe's near kriby and its not very good. Tortillas and onions are great, any fajita that isn't a beef fajita is absolute garbage.