1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best regular season player who is a playoff choker?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Desert Scar, May 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Bagwell was actually decent in the 2001 playoffs. Biggio has never been decent :).

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Are you sure? I remember the TEAM batting 250 or something.

But Bagwell and Biggio were 6-20, or some horrific batting average like .097 (post-season).

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dirk is looking like he might catch Webber and Marion. He was craptacular tonight. If Dallas loses this series, it goes down as the biggest choke job since Warren Moon and Co. lost a 35 pt lead to the Buffalo Bills.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

why did you say 6-20, or .097. in my world, 6-20 is a 300 average which is way away from .097.

in the 2001 playoffs, w/o looking it up, i believe bagwell was 3-7 with 5 walks b/c atlanta wasn't going to let him beat them. bobrek probably knows how to find the numbers easier.

#25 francis 4 prez, May 3, 2003
    Last edited: May 3, 2003
  6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

how can timmy be on here if he won a championship. also, even when SA was sucking against LA in the 4th last year, duncan was getting doulbed every time. i really don't know what you think a post player can do with a double. hakeem passed when seattle doubled. shaq passes when doubled. everyone passes when doubled. duncan does the same. it's just that when shaq is doubled he has kobe or good 3 point shooters to pass to to make him look good, duncan didn't last year. and this year against the suns, duncan was doubled every single time he touched it essentially, not much he could do except pass and win the series, which he did.

webber stepped up much more last year and had exceptional numbers in the LA series (20+ every night with i think a 23 avg, 10 reb, 6.3 asts, 52% shooting i think and he was the only one along with bibby who wanted to shoot late in game 7, it was just a two man game at that point).

i like the peja choice b/c he got shut down 2 years ago and even though he was injured that still doens't make you shoot a damn airball by oh, i don't know, 5 feet in crunchtime.

and i don't know about the starks choice, he stepped up huge for us.

7. DavidS

All I remember was that Bags and Bigs were the worst NO-shows for the playoffs.
    But the rest of the team at least got on base.

8. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

the whole team choked.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Bagwell played well that series. Most of his playoff chokcing has come as a result of no one ever getting on base in front of him, imo

10. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

So he should jackup shots?

They don't have a great chance against the Lakers anyways.

Shawn Marion is just hmm....not that spectacular. What does he do? He's a monkey!

11. DavidS

What series? 1997, 1998, 1999?

12. min

min Member

CHRIS WEBBER IS THE BIGGEST CHOKER...

if there were 5 seconds left in a play-off game.. and he had the opportunity to win the game... he would rather take a 15 foot jumper or give the ball to bibby than take it to the hole...

CHOKER!!!!

13. Asian Sensation

STEVE NASH! MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    P.S. I HATE THE DALLAS MAVERICKS!

14. Rane

Rane Member

He's a monkey? I cant believe I just read that. Not cool.

15. Rane

Rane Member

I can not believe you guys. F*** Phoenix, and f*** Marion, but calling a black man a "monkey"?

That aint right. I can not even begin to express how wrong that it.

I wonder how some of us Houston fans would react towards racial slurs directed at Yao, or Stevie?

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it that way. It was too innocent, too far our of left field. Still waiting on him to explain though.

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I don't know how I would feel, but if that guy meant it like you took it, he is saying more about himself than he is Marion.

18. Rane

Rane Member

Thanks guys.

I understand negative references towards opposing teams - that’s only natural. However, someone has to draw the line when people start comparing black men to primates. Just ask "Jimmy the Greek" why he lost his job, or why Billy Packard won’t ever compare Iverson to a "tough monkey"?

The NBA is supposed to be progressive. The NBA and basketball in general is supposed to break barriers.

Let’s not step backwards.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I guess everyone forgot about Cliff Robinson.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think (and hope) Juaquin didn't mean it in that light.

On another note, doesn't Manu Ginobilli look like a Toucan. The only way he is really 6'6" is if he is looking up at the sky.