1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best post-workout protein?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. thejav

thejav Member

the only supplement you need to be taking is creatine monohydrate..as along as your diet is ok you don't need protein shakes..

2. Asian Sensation

Dymatize Elite Proten Whey Isolate. This is my normal go to protein shake. Tastes great, excellent macros (low calories, low fat, high protein per serving) and usually there's good deals for them. This is my usual go to.

[​IMG]

If you're really serious and can dish out the money this is the best stuff IMO. I like to splurge on this stuff a couple times a year. The 7.5 pounds costs about 90 bucks or so.

[​IMG]

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That's the one I use and I add in some Ovaltine sometimes. Mix it with water and boom there you go. I'll also drink it before I go to jiujitsu. I can't really eat solid food less than 2 hours before class or it's in danger of coming back up lol. So I just go the liquid route and it works great to keep my energy up.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Syntha is probably best tasting, but it hasn't the best protein ratio

Dymatize Elite would be my second choice

ON 100% is the best when it comes to pure protein, but doesn't have great taste

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I use unflavored whey. The best one I've found is from NOW.

It has no taste, so I just mix with water and some lime extract.

One of the main issues with using some of these other very popular commercial whey's is that they are loaded with many types of sugars and artificial sugars.

[​IMG]

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/whey.html

6. pd_

pd_ Member

another vote for ON whey. Used syntha 6 and some of the other popular ones but always come back to ON because of taste. BUT just remember that protein powder/bars are just a supplement and real food is better

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

This and it isn't even close.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't go wrong with gold standard.

isopure is also really good.

9. VanityHalfBlack

This is all you need guys:

[​IMG]

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Whatever you do, don't buy Body Fortress whey protein. That stuff will cause your hairline to recede due to the creatine and amino spiking which they're being sued for.

11. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

So... Don't shop at Walmart?

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They are being sued for misrepresenting the number of protein grams in their label, which they have corrected since. Not sure where you got the connection to receding hair line and creatine. :confused:

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

If you Google creatine and hairloss, you'll find many pages that link creatine with hairloss.

It states that creatine will accelerate hairloss for those that are predisposed to hairloss.

1 person likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

What if you already have no hair? Didn't think of that hu... Mister smarty pants...

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Also, Body Fortess didn't include creatine before being sued for protein spiking. Now, that they corrected the protein amount, they did add creatine to their mix. So technically, those two things weren't related.

And FWIW, as far a brands are concerned, there are reports out there that claim the protein in the cheap stuff is very likely the same as a lot of the expensive stuff. There is overlap in the manufacturers they use, so you're mostly paying extra for the add-ons, not for higher quality protein.

This includes ON.

#56 RV6, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I asked a question in the original workout / nutrition thread about creatine causing hairloss. Posters did not really believe this but I personally thinks it accelerates hair loss.

Now I just drink a cup of coffee pre-workout instead of creatine.

I still have a box of ACG3 charged +. Any thoughts on this in relation to hairloss?

18. Vigorous

Vigorous Contributing Member

Clutch or anyone else:

2014 Texas Shoot Out & Health Expo is happening right now until 5pm at:
    5407 Louetta Road, Spring, TX
    http://www.2014txshootout.com/

I just came home from there and was able to grab alot of free samples of different supplements.
    The crossfit competition is fun to watch too.

Also, I stick with ON Gold Standard as my main whey protein.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

I may be wrong but, from what I read online, creatine causes testosterone to increase which then turns to something called DHT, which causes hair to shed/thin.

I know in my case, my hairline started to recede when I started working out and taking body fortress protein at the age of 23, four years ago. It wasn't noticeable cause of the way I combed my hair.

But about a year ago, I noticed a bald spot around the middle part of my hairline, right then I knew something was wrong. It sucks but oh well..

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Spiking is creatine, so they always had it in high levels. They just added creatine to the label.

If you buy higher quality protein, you are paying for that. If you buy a huge jar that just says WPC you aren't.