1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Player & Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsauce, Dec 22, 1999.

1. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Does anyone find it strange that Quitten's numbers are about the same as he had with the Rockets? Sure they have more go to guys (not really), but IMO a superstar controls the game and will more often than not, get his numbers. Scottie rarely has a dominant game considering he makes more than anyone on their team. How long do you think it will be before the b*tching begins. Whose fault will it be? I know this is a tired subject so i'll try to make it relevant. Last year we blamed the system and some discussion was made that Rudy just doesn't quite know how to utilize a SF. Now that we see the NBA's best all-around player struggling in a motion-oriented offense can we safely assume that it's not the system. Now my point, I think I have one. Rudy catches alot of sh*t on this site and I think most of it is uncalled for. You will not find a more dedicated coach in this league. He lives and dies with his work, about 16hrs a day,and i'll bet none of you can say that. He has lost the 3 best players on his team since last year and is playing a squad of rookies and 2nd round draft choices, only 2 of which were on this team last year, and he's keeping them in the game. I hate to break it to you all but we're going to lose a lot of games to some bad teams. But we're going to get better and within a couple of years we will have the nucleus for a pretty good playoff team. Everyone b*itches but no one wants to face reality. There isn't a coach in this league that could be doing a better job with this team. Could you imagine Phil Jackson or Pat Riley wanting to coach the cast-offs that we have. I didn't think so. They would of retired the minute Barkley hit the floor. Instead our coach is excited and looks forward to developing a new style with the players he has. The bottom line is that there may be better X's & O's coaches out there but there's more to coaching than drawing plays.Pretty soon we will start winning some of these games and maybe then we can give Rudy his due. He is one of the top coaches in this league. Players like to play for him not because it's easy but because he understands the game and he never says anything bad about a player publicly. If he has a problem he tells the player to his face not to a microphone. The man has class and in this league that means something. I apologize for the random post but it gets a little old listening to people trash a man that has dedicated his life to serving the team that I love.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I've been hard on Rudy. But I've thought I've been fair. He is doing a marvelous job now. He is leaving it all on the court.

I like him more Fiery. More animated. I don't like the sedate Rudy Sitting on the bench looking depressed which is what he seem to do last year. And Earlier this year.
    I've felt Barkley, hakeem and Quitten intimidated him. He went above and beyond to sooth their Egoes. Now he is in command. . .andI deem it good.

RUDY T . . . with auThoriTy

Rocket River