1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best place to get Astros tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Clutch, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I started a thread like this almost 10 years ago, but a lot has changed and I didn't think it deserved a necrobump.

I've got a friend coming into town next month (from Michigan) and I'm trying to get 3-4 tickets for the Astros-Tigers game on 8/14 or 8/15. I haven't been to a game in awhile. I'm just curious where Astros diehards go to get good deals on tickets... stubhub, craigslist, scalpers, some other network exchange where season ticket holders sell their seats?

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

It looks like tons of seats are still available for those dates on the Stros' homepage.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Which means you should be able to find some on Craigslist for below face value. That's generally where I've gotten all my tickets, unless I'm walking up to get some $17 upper deck seats.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yeah....I guess at this point it's a gamble whether to wait and attempt that or not. Those are 2 dates that I could easily see selling out if we start to gain some momentum again, make big trades (likely), etc.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I always just go to stubhub. I always just get cheap seats and move down during the game. You probably wont want to do that with company in tow, plus with a slight rise in attendance, it might be harder in itself. Stubhub usually has lower prices available but then again you can find someone on craigslist desperate to unload their tix for cheap most times.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

seatgeek.com is a good aggregator. It pulls it multiple 3rd party resellers, and I've often found prices lower than current face value on ticketmaster for the same game. The interface is also solid, and the prices they list seem to be real prices (and not "here's the list price...plus a ton of fees at the end")

Note that it doesn't appear to pull in StubHub.

Also, I'd also caution against buying from RazorGator (one of the 3rd parties listed on there). While all the other ones I've bought from are pretty immediate with their ticket delivery, RazorGator seems to let you purchase inventory that they may or may not have, and then if they don't have it, they'll refund you. Which is fine and all, but it forces you to wait on purchase confirmation and potentially revisit your decision, which is irritating.

7. Buck Turgidson

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Depends on the experience you want

If you don't mind walking in right at game time

I've been buying from the guy at the tent across the street for years

Right at game time he will sell tickets for under face price, for games no where close to sold out

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you get them direct you can try discount code LANDRYS that doesn't work for every game but it does for some.

10. tomato

tomato Member

11. Poloshirtbandit

That code will work for 8/14 but not 15.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice, going to check out the LANDRYS code. I'm surprised how high tickets seem to be.....I recall going to a number of Astros games at bargain deals vs say a Rockets / Texans game in the past....

I guess those days are over, the Rangers games had some pretty high face value in the areas I normally like to sit.

13. Poloshirtbandit

Astros are using dynamic pricing now so some games will cost more than others.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

i like to use www.tickpick.com it searches all seats for sale. Ive had some great luck on there.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks everyone... some great info in here. I appreciate the replies!

16. The Law

The Law Member

I have found some great deals on SeatGeek recently.