1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best PF in the game - Love and Griffin mention

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jan 19, 2012.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOL Griffin is better than Dirk? Kid hasn't even made the playoffs. He feels compelled to dribble between his legs EVERY SINGLE TIME he gets the ball (just had to let that out). His idea of a post game is to unleash a caricature of MJ's shoulder shake fadeaway. He's a poor man's Carlos Boozer on defense.

Don't kid yourselves. Griffin will be very good, but Dirk is still the master sensei at this point in time.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Dirk is the best SCORING PF in the league. He doesn't rebound, never defends, and plays one side of the court.

Love is the best overall PF right now since no PF is dominant on defense since Duncan's prime.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Kevin Garnett? He was dominant until last year.

Nowitzki's defense is still a lot better than Blake Griffin.

Whenever I watch Minny, I rarely see the offense being run through Kevin Love in the offenses are run through Nowitzki/Duncan/Kobe/CP3 etc.

Kevin Love seems more like Kevin Martin in the way he racks up points.

4. t_mac1

Nowitzki rarely plays defense. Carlisle uses zone just to hide him. And he freakin' averages 5.5 rebounds per game THIS YEAR. That's a pathetic number. Dirk is basically a scorer right now and nothing else this year.

What??? That statement tells you don't watch the Wolves much. He basically led the comeback b/c the entire offense was ran all through him here.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wVIU322rNfo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love is becoming more dominant in Adelman's offense. He's averaging 18 shots a game, and the past 3 games, getting 20+. He's becoming a true franchise player in front of our eyes. And the Wolves are winning with him becoming a more dominant offensive player.

Love's problem is still shot selection at times. No way a PF shoots 44%. But hey, Dirk shoots 45% this year. But he's easily the most well-rounded PF in the game right now.

And I don't care about what happened last year or before. It's NOW.

My PF ranking:
    1) Love
    2) Griffin
    3) Aldrige

Other PFs are performing up to par. Bosh is #4 production-wise. Dirk/Amare having huge down years.

5. what

what Member

Another guy I think who's going to be in the conversation really soon is Greg Monroe. Despite playing center, he is better suited as a pf in my opinion and is only playing center because he is the tallest big the pistons have.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dirk is still the best PF

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm pretty sick of all the Blake Griffin hype.

Yeah, he's a pretty darn good player and a highlight reel but his defense is absolutely atrocious.

I mean, you're one of the biggest and most athletic players out there, and your play about as much defense as Luis Scola.

His lack of defense alone will keep him from being the great PF of all time.

8. VBG

VBG Member

This is Dirk's worst season by far. He basically didn't play basketball. It's kinda hard to use his numbers right now. He's still getting back into the flow of the game. Sorry, I'm not gonna think he's half as good as he was in the playoffs last year just because he's started slow.

Love's FG% is skewed since he takes so many 3s. So I don't blame him for that.

Whenever I see the Wolves play, I see a lotta PG play and Beasley - Love getting the ball equally on isos. But I don't watch them that much, so I might be wrong.

I like Aldridge a lot. He's very complete. He can do everything but isn't flashy at all.

9. t_mac1

You know Charles Barkley rarely played defense right? You know Dirk rarely plays defense too right? And both are widely regarded as 2 of the best PFs to play the game.

Griffin is putting up 21 and 12. He has weaknesses on both ends that he can still improve on as he is only in his 2ND year. But he's a top 3 PF right now. You may be sick of the hype, but the guy is a great player.

Dirk remains the best SCORING PF. He was never the best overall PF to me b/c he rarely rebounded at a high level consistently, and he rarely defended. If I had to have a big man take a last shot or run an offense through late in games, I will take Dirk easily. And he's not the best PF RIGHT NOW.

Dirk has only average double digit rebounds ONE TIME in his career. ONE FREAKING TIME.

Love is still a work in progress, but he is improving at a rapid rate. But he's carrying the Wolves offensively. You just see the Rubio highlights, but that team is ALL Kevin Love. That team is winning slowly, and is now 6-8, with no veteran and weird parts that aren't matching perfectly.

Love is the best PF hands down right now. Griffin is a close second. Both don't play defense very much, but which elite PF does this year???

#29 t_mac1, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

It's a joke Aldridge doesn't get much Love.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Aldridge doesn't even average 10 rebounds ...nor has he , I believe

12. VBG

VBG Member

Dirk not playing defense is really overblown. He has good hands, great length and is a solid defender. He's not amazing but he's solid. He's a smart defender and good in a team concept.

People were saying that you shouldn't trade Griffin for Dwight Howard and that is extremely stupid, IMO. You should do that trade in a heartbeat.

13. VBG

VBG Member

He got more alley oops than Blake last year though (IIRC) :p

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Your point being?

Barkley and Dirk are one of the best PFs ever but no one will ever put them at the top. Defense, is a big part of that reason.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well Portland was in the playoffs last year with him leading the way.... Where were the Clips and Wolves? Portland will more than likely finish above them again this year while Griff has 3 other studs on his team and Love has a few and the best coach in the league.

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

1. Nowitzki
    2. LaMarcus Aldridge (Yes, you heard that right)
    3. Love
    4. Griffin

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much fun as Griffin is, he is entirely dependent on his ability to jump out of the gym. He is one bad knee injury away from being Antonio McDyess Part II.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I agree with this but I'd put Love at 3a and Griffin at 3b and if Zach Randolph wasn't hurt they'd be 4a and 4b. You can't count on either of them to carry your team to W's. You can just give the ball to Dirk or Aldridge and they can win you games.

They'll figure it out though, hopefully.

19. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

Blake isn't even that good, all dunk hype, no offensive game other than the dunks, no D, bad decision maker, bad FT Shooter. You would only trade for Blake if you were wanting to sell more tickets and weren't that interested in winning. People grade players too much on potential, yeah he has tons, but he isn't even in the top 5 in my opinion.

1. Dirk
    2. Aldridge
    3. Love
    4. Bosh - hate to say this one
    5. Josh Smith - when he's not taking a lot of 3's, which makes him more efficient

This is just gonig by how the season is going along, Blake is just a seat filler

20. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

if Randolph wasn't hurt, he'd be #3, and everyone else would go down one spot