1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best offline apps for iPad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I just bought an iPad to replace my MacBook on the road. I’m on cruise ships a lot and need something that works offline. I have Netflix and Hulu but I don’t want to use iTunes for music. Do you guys have any recommendations for games or other music/video download apps? Thanks

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me get this straight: Your goal is to play video games in your cabin while on a cruise ship?

There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere. Did your wife brainwash into this line of thinking for when you're alone on the road.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

LOL. I’m a very simple man, Kev.

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

A lot of stuff on Netflix are downloadable and watchable offline, and Spotify too for music. I use them offline mode a lot when I go to a gym so I can just sit on the cycling machine for hours.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In that case, I can recommend a good, offline dictionary. :)

Not joking. I don't play games, so can't help with that (nor music apps). but I do love having unabridged dictionaries at my fingertips, and going offline sucks for that. They aren't free, so I went "shopping" for them.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would get a chromecast and stream stuff on the macbook or phone. Definitely a must have travel buddy if you watch a lot on your laptop.

Depends on the kind of app games you like.

It'd be something like moms nagging their kids to get off their ipads to go out and play while she's telling ME to beat this "awful Candy Crush level" instead of going out and socializing.

What about my health and wellness??

Wives just out to make me miserable...

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If you just wanted to play games why didn't you save the $2000 and stay home.

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

For games, FTL, Hidden Folks, Blek, Infinity Blade 3, and Plants vs Zombies are great.

Framed 1/2, Reigns, The Room 2/3, and Monument are good too but shorter.

OPlayer is awesome for playing your own videos.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

They have nba jam for the iPad.