1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best In Game Alley Oop EVER

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CJLarson, Mar 6, 2013.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Il on record saying that Blake Griffin is way overrated! But da'gum! Dude can fly!!

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

fixed

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Vince Carter has had many windmill alley-oops that were better than that one from Blake. The pass was flashy but it was wide open.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

whos that player off the clippers bench in the glasses and suit? (dragging deandre jordan)

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Best uncontested alley oop

Trey Thompkins, hasnt played all year with injury. (career high vs Houston) but a scrub really.

6. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

This was way nastier.. not a fully open alleyoop either

VC's alleyoop shown previously is even nastier than Blake's.

Sick alley oop but nothing GOAT about it

7. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

I think I know what is wrong with the NBA now.

An uncontested, meaningless shot to stretch a blowout lead is your favorite "play"?

I don't think you're alone.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Meh. Too showboaty for me. There were no defenders, what's so difficult? It's like a dunk contest dunk, which it seems like everybody can do these days.

I agree with others, alley oops (and dunks in general) are much more exciting when defenders are in the way.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This was way better because there were defenders.

10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

You just lost all credibility. How is a no look touch pass alley-op not better than an uncontested between the leg pass that traveled no distance???

11. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I remember watching this game live from my eastern NC home at like 12:30am. Had a friend who was a diehard Jwill fan on the Kings and I could not stop talking about this play.

Another play I loved that I never could find a video for was when John Celestand (PG for Lakers) did a spin move and dunked it on Jwill. I wouldn't let up, just relentless. Needless to say he didn't talk to me for a week.

12. basketballholic

13. basketballholic

Sorry, forgot to imbed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iCw2sxMyNYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

Not that impressive, I was wondering why ESPN was going crazy over it. Nobody around so barely counts as "in game"

15. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

I don't understand why everybody in here is being so timid/lame/reserved acting like it wasn't a good dunk....if you can't see why or how that was a good alley-oop, you have got to be slow...

Everybody on this thread knows that if the Rockets pulled something like this off, it would instantly be deemed as "the best dunk in Rockets history" or "sickest dunk of the year/all-time"....we would never stop hearing about it.

16. Precision340

Precision340 Member

omg... this should be one of the top!! the funny thing about this clip is that one of the commentator was giving credit to faried when he should have been amazed at the pass made by rondo!!! sick pass!!!!

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

2 on 0 almost instantly invalidates it as the best in-game ever.

18. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Thats the beauty of outside looking in, it leaves objectivity. Im sure Clipps fans are feeling that way, but htere are so many other alley oops that were greater, more difficult, more impressive.

Your insults are child-like also, btw. Chillax.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm always disappointed with the best ___ dunk ever videos. When you're tall and athletic, a dunk is a particularly easy shot. Especially uncontested. That person contorts himself to make it marginally harder or else puts more strength into it than necessary does not impress me. The shot is still easy. When I played playground ball, dunks were a big deal because the level of competition was such that a guy who could actually dunk in-game was a rarity. But, the NBA is crawling with those kinds of guys. A dunk like this is only overcoming the 10 feet between the ground and the goal, not even an NBA-grade defender. Even with contested dunks, they usually only happen because the defender was out of position in the first place and contests at a disadvantage. I'll take highlights of a good block, a clever assist, or an ankle-breaker over a dunk 10 times out of 10.

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the lamar odom/darius miles alley oop is way better than the jamal crawford/blake griffin one.