1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Hair Salon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Yao11, Aug 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Clutchfans, I'm searching for a new hair salon/barber to cut my hair. Can you guys recommend any good ones? And is SportsClips any good?

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Go to one of the following three barber shops...best ones I've found in town.

In no particular order....

Big Kat's Barber Shop & Tattoo Parlor - across side street from Continental Club in Midtown. Don't let the tattoos on the barbers fool you...these guys cut hair really well!

Best Little Barbershop in Texas - 3823 Dunlavy (in Montrose...across the street from the new HEB)

Bellaire Original Barber Shop, Chimney Rock @ Bissonnet.

1 person likes this.
  3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I've been a client at Azur Salon for a few years. Recently, I tried out Cutloose and got a great haircut. Both places serve coffee, wine, or beer while you get your haircut, which is nice :).

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Go to 2.99 haircuts. There will be a line of 5-6 people infront of you but don't worry! They'll cut hair in 5-10 minutes a pop so the wait isn't so bad. They don't really clean or sanitize the clippers but don't worry! I'm sure everyone who goes there washes their hair. I usually tip about $5. Best haircut you can get for $8.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Prices would be nice in this discussion, it maybe the best haircut but I'm not inclined to pay $50 for a haircut.

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Thats so the opposite of what i want to do when i get a haircut. i get so impatient. I just want to be in and out.

I only have 2 different barbers that i go to. If they is more than one person in line then i just go back a week later. I often go over a month without a fresh cut.

7. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

K. Hair Express on Hammerly and Gesner is a great place bro, just avoid going there on the weekend its supper crowded.

8. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

it's only 8 dollars for a cut at K.Hair, real cheap for excellent services.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

salons are for women.