1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best gym in west houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by br0ken_shad0w, Jun 9, 2012.

1. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

I only had experience with two: LA Fitness and Memorial Wellness Center (discount from my old job). I hated LA Fitness's billing and was a pain to cancel and wish to avoid that. I would rather just pay a lump sum but the only one I know that does that is 24 Hr Fitness thru Costco. I like the Wellness Center but its pricey without the employee discount. Any good ones you guys know about?

2. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

lifetime at citycentre

3. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

citytime at lifecentre

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

fitness connection. 10 down and after that 10 a month

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Best gym on the west is actually at Westside Tennis Club. They even have a cool wall climbing machine, boxing center and things like that. The gym is very modern and never crowded.

With your membership you can use all the facilities, multiple basketball courts, tennis courts, batting cages, pool, soccer field, volleyball courts, entertainment center etc..

It's bit pricey compared to the other options. Not sure how much Memorial Wellness gym costs though. Westside single member access is at 130 USD per month.

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I never cared for westside aside from tennis courts

Lifetime at city center beltway and I-10 next to movie studio grill

I live in Katy and go to Lifetime @ Cinco which is an awesome gym however even the lifetime at cinco isnt as grand as the citycenter one

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I paid $75 down and got the $10/month deal from the Fitness Connection in that opened in Missouri City last December. It's a palace for weightlifting. Great gym for the price.

While in the DFW area on business, I went to FC in Arlington and it wasn't nearly as good.

8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Thanks, gonna check out Lifetime and Fitness Connection.