1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best guess on what Daryl Morey does next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

What’s next?

Morey will just keeping talking to every team other than Golden State to see if something shakes lose. Right now I don’t think they have anything eminent.

I’m sure the Rockets would gladly ship Anderson to Atlanta for Bazemore but Atlanta is going to want more than Anderson straight up.

The Rockets did exercise their option on a back up guard today so maybe they do have something planned but nothing I have heard. My guess is that they just like Jackson.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  2. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Sign CP3, match CC and sign Ariza. Try to bring the team back. Then trade Ryno for picks or upgrade if possible.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, I think you're missing my point. Getting rid of him alone doesn't fix what you speak of. It has to be a flip. I agree with you, he isn't playing to the level we need him to (also let's not overlook the fact that Luc was still injured, having him would have helped tremendously). Flipping garbage for garbage doesn't fix that. My point is, and always has been this isn't an addition by subtraction move.

gabion likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Morey got stuck with Anderson because the owner of the team at the time told him to spend the money or look for new employment.

5. GottaHaveHeart

How is jimmy realistic option?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson for

[​IMG]

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Also, let's be honest, that market was completely unpredictable. Morey got a steal in Gordon and hosed in Anderson. That market made no sense, and if you want to blame anyone look to getting mad at cap smoothening not becoming a thing. If we had cap smoothening, Durant also might have not been a warrior either.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Pursue Love or LMA

BigggReddd likes this.
  9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Is he a free agent? That dude was under the radar good this year. Got hurt some which screwed up some playing time. Thought he was still on a rookie deal and part of brooklyns future

BigggReddd likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

As today he isn't, but you know, he's going to expire this season, he wants to compete and in Minnie it's not exactly everything ok...you never know, who thought 5 months ago that the Spurs would've been in this situation with Kawhi? What about the Cavs with Irving last summer?

BigggReddd and GottaHaveHeart like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Yes.

I know a lot about what was going on around the Rockets at the time because of certain circumstances. The Rockets owner was extremely angry and embarrassed and made it clear that it was his team and that the cap money was going to be spent. Morey tried to get a number of guys and Anderson and Gordon were the best that would sign. Funny enough, the Gordon signing at the time was viewed less favorably because of his history of injuries.

Just trade Anderson and a 1st for Bazemore. He will be in the Rockets rotation, defends and will hit open 3’s.

Deuce, jch1911 and Vivi like this.
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I'd rather trade Anderson and a first for LMA or Love if we can. I get the plan with Bazemore, but we need some sort of third offensive impact option.

BigggReddd and Zergling like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think either is viable because the Rockets lack the assets. Love is hurt all the time but would make the Rockets better.

BigggReddd likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

offense isn't what this team is prioritizing any longer. they're more than capable on that side of the ball already

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Who's this cat? He looks like a solid guy that hustles and isn't douchey.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Did he order Morey to give Anderson that awful contract as well? Morey is great but there's no need to try to defend this.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can blame the cap rise and market for that

18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Aldridge is a ball stopping 2 point jump shooter. No thanks. His numbers are inflated because the team caved to go through him without kawhi. When kawhi was healthy before last season spurs were regretting lma snd media blaming him for spurs offense struggles. Spurs fans were ready to get rid of him

19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Its so stupid that that offseason everypne and their mom got max dollar like contracts and this summer you are going to have nurkic looking at maybe mid level exception 8 million annually range because of no cap smoothing. Its why i have a hard time seeing capela getting 25 million somewhere. Hes young so rebuilding teams may be interested but suns drafted their center. Mavs working on jordan deal. I dont see the market for capela getting that much.

20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

A much simpler time