1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best gaming headset's under $100?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, May 10, 2013.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I was wondering what kind of gaming headsets are quality and are reasonable in price? I'm also looking for top class comfort.

I've heard that the steel series siberiav2's were pretty good, do you believe so as well? Any other good headphones for some fragging!?

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The Turtle Beach x31s worked pretty well for me. They are about 70 bucks

3. ILoveTheRockets

this.

you can find them for cheaper online at times, but 60-70 is a good price for the headphones. Sound is clear as hell

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Just buy a mic and get yourself a Grado SR60i. Not the most comfort but you can replace the padding.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Are you talking about console gaming?

For consoles, I used to absolutely love my Turtle Beach x12s. They were excellent until my nephew got some scissors and cut the cable part. If I was still playing my 360 and PS3, I would have another pair right now.

I started playing my computer more now, though, so I bought some Plantronics GameCom 780s. These suckers are bad ass. They're $58 on amazon right now, which is a hell of a bargain.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

not for gaming. He needs to get surround sound headphones for the best experience.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hook it up to your stereo system and go for the real experience.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

^^ I used to think the same thing.

Then I got surround sound headphones and I've never looked back. They're much cheaper and you hear stuff in them that you wouldn't hear on a stereo system.

9. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I use Tritton Ax Pros an I love em. I play COD with them and can hear enemies coming from a mile away in any direction. They are $150 but well worth it.

10. Garner

Garner Member

I've got a pair of Tritons, but they chew through batteries

11. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

yea cop some siberia v2s or razer cacharias

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I would go for the x31. The x41 are better and wireless but sometimes the wireless interfere with the wifi. Specifically when booting the Xbox. I recommend wired. But other than that I love my turtle beach x41