1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best FA's in Needed Positions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slick Rick, May 12, 2005.

1. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

As you have seen in this thread and other threads (future threads), there will be many names for the Rox. Remember, We only have the Mid-Level, but we have many players on the last year (Spoon, Moochie, Vin, Ward) You probabally wont see the rox make trades until Dec or Jan. Maybe Deadline Day. Here is my list:

FAs

PF:
    Swift
    SAR
    Marshall

Note: C-town will try to keep both Curry and Chandler. Both will get more the MLE. Kwame Brown may never be a quality PF in the West.

PG:
    Dickau (NO wants him)
    Antonio
    Damon (age?)
    McInnis
    Bobby Jackson (Injuries? quality starter?)

2. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Who is on your list for Power Forward and Point Guard for MLE?

3. leehoang

leehoang Member

Dennis Rodman.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

PF Swift are you sure MLE?
    But yeah I would love to get Swift as starter or backup..just with Howard.
    And SAR and Donyell bot hwould be good here.

Then at point guard..I like Antonio Daniels.

Bobby Jackson how old is he?

Damon Stoudarmie would be all right but not exactly the right fit.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Swift would not be a good Rox pick up (IMO)
    SAR would be ideal, great 3-4 back up who would have starter minutes

Dickau will not be available
    Damon is young enough, poor defender
    McInnis is the worst joke of a pick up anywhere. He'll be lucky to have a job, certainly minimum.
    Bobby Jax is not FA, IIRC. I'd grab him in a new York minute.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I'm glad someone started another thread about SAR and Swift. I just can't get enough of this.

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'm wondering if we don't sign Van Exel for major minutes if Sura gets gimp again. Then we'd have James and Barry and whoever else we end up with if Wesleys not dealt, and I think very much he'll be the first to go. He's not terrible but he's way too streaky with his shooting and he can't move as well laterally as even earlier this season. Guy is winding down, but still has alot of trade value. Sell! Sell!

8. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

It would be better to have a defensive player at the 4 because Yao is getting into early foul trouble almost every game. Yao is constantly have to rotate to the weak side on pick and rolls and when a guard leaves his man and drives to the basket. That is why for the Swift pickup. Yao's effectiveness will be limited if he keeps getting in foul trouble. Rahim is a good offensive threat but not a good defender.

New Orleans will keep Dickau, but you never know. I thought Bobby will be a FA, but he has a team option on his current deal.

Good points Xiki

9. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

PG: Brevin Knight

10. bu2002

bu2002 Contributing Member

Rahim is a better player than Swift, however, Swift's overall skill set is opposite that of Juwan Howard. I don't believe it's wise to have guys who have similar strengths. Diversity your talent and you can be flexible with matchups. If you have 2 points guards, make sure both aren't just 3 point shooters. It's ideal to have one who knock down 3's and the other have a mid range game. Between your starting SG and SF, make sure one is a shooter, and the other can play defense and slash to the hoop.