1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Diet Soda

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Aug 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Amen.

I would rather drink Crab Juice than these diet drinks.

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I agree with Pole, Pepsi One is best and take Diet Coke if Pesi One isn't available. I like Coke products overall better, but of the diet colas, One is the best. Diet Rite--with saccarinh (sp?) I believe is aweful, Diet Pepsi isn't much better either.

Also, diet root beers (no caffine) and Diet DP are not terrible--the the other added flavors of those drinks help cover up the fake sugar after tastes.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a bad idea. Though for some occasions certain foods are just better complimented by soda.

If I'm at the movie and pick up a large popcorn, nothing goes with that better than an ice cold soda.

The same is true with Pizza.

I guess I should add this is all just my opinion.

4. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Oh I agree completely. I can't have pizza without Pepsi -- it just wouldn't be right. But that's not an everyday occurance. When I do have a soda (maybe three per week) I have the real thing. I don't think a couple here and there do too much damage. But if I were downing a six-pack per day, I might have some concerns. :)

5. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

forgot to say that I get all of my sodas without caffeine if I can, also the Sam's Choice Cola's at Wal-Mart are pretty dang good, I get those instead of coke.

6. Buck Turgidson

I don't drink sodas much anymore, but it was always Diet Barque's Root Beer for me.

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Diet RC is the best...hands down. It has Splenda which is an all natural sweetner...no chemicals here. It is sugar based but has no glucose or calories. What a breakthrough. It tastes almost like the real deal. In fact...I'm drinking one right now. Ahhhhh....:)

8. Elvis Costello

I think I am in a great minority here, but I love, love, love Diet Big Red. Liquid cotton candy! Most sane people don't like that particular taste... I am in serious withdrawls as it was difficult enough to find in Houston, much less New Zealand.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Refman's posts. Sometimes we agree, and sometimes we disagree, but when it comes to the really important issues like Diet RC we are in complete agreement.

I wish I could get some up here in NY. Splendra is the best.

Refman, have a diet RC for me will you?

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Diet Sunkist is some very good stuff, and I don't even really like Orange drinks all that much either. I can't stand any of the other Diet drinks that I've had.

If I couldn't drink regular sodas, I'd just go to drinking water all the time.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

he shoots he scores, lmao. :D

RR, how about trying something sweet other than cokes? I really don't like diet sodas at all.

how about those can teas like Nestea or Brisk? Still has a "coke" feel cuz it's still in the can. Or Hawiain punch. Kool Aid. Just something else. Anything other than diet.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I actually try to split my time between diet and non-diet colas. That way...if one or the other is bad for you, then they both offset each other..hehe. I mean...I won't take in enough of either one to mess me up. Of course, I could be taking in too much of both. This is not good ;).

Surf

13. Refman

I think it's important to note how these tests are done on lab rats to determine what causes cancer. The gave each rat enough saccarin to fill 400 Diet Cokes a day...and some of them got cancer. Well duh! You give any animal that much of anything and in time it'll get cancer.

14. Kimble14

Kimble14 Contributing Member

For RR's purposes, I'd second (or whatever-th) Pepsi One. I switched to diet in 1995, so I used mostly Fresca to get used to the aspartame taste. Nowadays, on a typical shopping trip, I'll get 2L of Diet Mountain Dew Code Red and 2L of either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.

On a similar subject, judging from the orange flavor Gatorade's new "Propel" sports water is basically Gatorade Light without the food coloring and with Ace K (the Pepsi One sweetener and, incidentally, what's used in Mexican diet drinks, at least in Quintana Roo). There's still a bit of sugar in Propel, though, so it's like 30 calories per 24oz bottle.

15. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I was over 50 years old before I would do more than try a little bit of diet cola in my mouth, then spit it out. Could not stand the stuff. I don't much like it now, but in the interest of cutting a very substantial amount of calories out of my diet (used to drink Dr. Pepper, Coke, etc.) I forced myself to only drink diet colas.

Personally, I think Pepsi One has the best tast by far. Sometimes, its hard to find, though, & I will drink Diet Coke or Fresca.

There are a couple of Sobe's that don't have any calories that taste pretty good.

16. Old School

Old School Member

I was a soda-sugarholic myself back in the day. I hated the taste of all diet drinks. Then came Pepsi One. I think it's the best tasting of the bunch followed by Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Mountain Dew. I will still drink an ocassional sugared drink but can handle diet sodas now.

Diet Coke is the worst, imo.

os

17. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I gave up regular drinks and lost atleast 5 lbs from doing so.

My favs have to be:

1. Diet Dr. Pepper
    2. Pepsi One(the one calorie makes all the difference in the world)
    3. Diet Coke

I can't wait for Diet Vanilla Coke to come out.. should be better than the regular version! :D

18. wagner

wagner Member

woow....u guys....should drink water....like......SAAREMAA VESI :rolleyes:

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

Propel Fitness Water by Gatorade is pretty good and only 10 calories per 8 oz.

20. Refman

That stuff is AWESOME. I drink it everyday after going to the gym...and sometimes at night while typing on the BBS. :)