1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best burgers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Fast food aside, the best burger I've ever had was at the Red Lion pub on Shepherd (between West Gray and Westheimer). Holy crap that was good.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Christian's is still my favorite in town, with Lankford's a close second.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Christians Totem officially changed its name to Tailgate like the one in midtown... burger still kicks ass. Bubba's Burger Shack is also the absolute shiz... go there once a month or so. Never been to Lankford :eek:

apparently Hubcap is out of this world so that is first on my list of "must have" burger joints.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

michael burger in galveston is really, really good. i like the one with pineapple and swiss.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I took the boys and their friends to IofA in Orlando and we ate dinner at the Hard Rock. What I expected was a $10 planet hollywood burger but what we all got was probably the best burgers any of us have ever eaten. The bad thing was each burger was $15. 5 burgers, 4 sodas and 2 bud lights on draft with tax and tip was $125+.

But I like 5 Guys and Red Robin for local burgers.

Oh and as corny as this sounds the best margarita I've ever had was at the Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville (across from the Hard Rock) - a frozen one - from a machine. When I first got there I though I can't believe this place is giving me a frozen Margarita - from a machine - but then after tasting it...wow...that is good...no better than good...

#85 ArtV, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Weird. Most of the food I've had at a Hard Rock sucks. And of course its pricey.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I agree - that's why I specified the place. I expected this to be like my last planet hollywood burger before they shut down which was overpriced ($10) and overcooked. Maybe it's just that Orlando location.

8. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Forgot to mention Hobbit Cafe. Pretty damn good burgers.

9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If you are up in the Cypress area, P.O.'s is pretty darn good. I believe they have made burger joint "best hamburger" lists before from vairous publications.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Just had a burger at Christian's Tailgate (Washington Ave) for lunch today. Damn good as usual.

[​IMG]

11. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

I wanted to add a new place to thise thread. The Burger Guys. Its brand new and located betweeen Shadowbriar and W Houston Center on Westheimer. Outstanding burger! I had the Tomball. It had chicken fried bacon and fried green tomatoes on it. The fries are cooked in duck fat for added flavor. I read about the place on the chronicles website and would say that this burger place is probably the best in town. The place has only been opened for a few weeks so the crowds aren't crazy yet.

www.theburgerguys.com

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Any mention of Little Red Wagon in Round Rock?

Just don't look in the corners, under your table, or wear white gloves.

13. H-Rockets

H-Rockets Member

Have yall been to SomeBurger on 11th and Studewood in the Hieghts?

Its ****ing delicious...best burger i ever ate.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

All you guys, if any of you still post here, you all suck.

I went to that place for lunch a few weekends back because I remembered someone on here raving about it (recently... but I can't find that post) and it was awful. codell is not kidding about greasy - the grease runs down your arm when you pick up the burger to take a bite. WTF? Who the hell wants that?

Aside from the pool of grease that poured out of my burger, it was otherwise OK. But not good. It was on the level of a Homestyle from MCDonald's. I was very disappoint.

So, for the record, Stomp's in Bacliff remains the best burger anywhere near Houston.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

my dad took me to a Smashburger in Atascosita and then one just opened down the street from me in Culver City LA and I am finding myself getting cravings now and then...

anyone try them yet? they have excellent haystring onions as a side order.

16. updawg

updawg Member

Do you like stomps better than tookies?

I've been wanting to try stomps but we end up at tookies. Next time I'm down there I'll try stomps

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Yeah, I hit the one in Dillon awhile back....was pretty tasty. Anyone ever do Larkburger?

1 person likes this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Planning on eating at Grub in CityCentre today. Will report back.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Love me some Larkburger. It hit up the one in Edwards like once a week. Also happy hour is great, $2 micro brews or milkshakes (which are also amazing)

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've now been several times. No longer does it suck to me.

There are times though when there is an onion taste on my food that really bothers me. I assume it is somehow from onions that had been on the grill leaving residue on my stuff.