1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best burgers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Great burger...........their "improved" Ceaser salad is awesome too..........if you like blue cheese.

They take a regular Ceaser and ditch the parmesan and croutons and add blue cheese, bacon, avocado, and candied walnuts. Amazingly good, and although I haven't personally tried one, their bacon, bacon, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich looks like something on one of those man vs. food shows.

2. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Best sit down value burgers and milkshakes have to be Steak N Shake.
    Though they're mostly in the mid west.

The mint chocolate shake there is awesome.

3. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Finally. This place kills! So good. Whatever you do, don't get the Firehouse Burger. That thing is ridiculous.

I'll second the Tailgate mention. That place is legit.

Also, I had Smashburger once... I'll never go back. Such a dry burger.

I'll go ahead and mention Hubcap Grill, as well.

I love burgers!

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I do love some Whataburger. I wish they had one in San Diego. Jerks.

I also like Sonic's burgers though I could see the argument that they're nothing special.

I had Five Guys recently and thought they were pretty good.

In N Out is ok, but way overrated to me. I live near a few and think I've had them once this year.

5. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Five Guy's is overrated.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

That's what <s>she</s> you said. :eek:

The Burger Shack Grill on Memorial was pretty good.

7. Pole

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

god all this talk about burgers and pizza makes me to want a burger and fries so bad even though we had burgers/fries at home last night (the burger sucked - costco meat, blaah)

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Damn this thread!!!!! so hungry now

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Lankford's
    Bubbas on Westpark
    Max's Wine Dive
    Smash Burger

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Fudruckers is my favorite. They don't have in and out in Miami.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What a huge letdown BRC was. I've heard their burger is pretty good so I'll reserve judgment on that since I never ordered it. But everything I've had there on my 3 visits was one giant MEH.

13. Pole

Wife and I got the burger and something else............the something else was obviously unmemorable, so maybe the burger is the only good thing. There wasn't enough of it though.........I could have eaten two of them. The fries were excellent though, and I'm a fry snob.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Haven't read the whole thread - can I assume one or two folks have already come by to chastise everyone for eating junk food?

McDonald's is indeed foul stuff - I swear it leaves the taste of soap in my mouth.

We've had this discussion a million times, but I'll repeat my opinions again: I have tried In & Out a few times hoping to give it a good go, but have never been impressed by their burgers (they're fine, but unremarkable to me) and have yet to enjoy their fries (taste bland and almost stale to me).

I very much enjoy Five Guys, and that has a huge amount to do with loading up the toppings and the ridiculous amount and high quality of their fries.

I agree that Smashburger probably has the best burger out there among the fast food joints, but is very sloppy and can be greasy (not always a terrible thing in a burger).

Tried Mighty Fine last weekend in Austin. It's good, loved their lemonade milkshake, liked the fresh cut crinkle fries, burger was okay but not something I'd keep in mind to have again.

Aside from the survey, I can't say I was especially impressed by the article. Why would he compare a Five Guys burger to McDonald's regular burger instead of their Quarter Pounder or Big Mac? Why even write the article including In & Out when he didn't try one as well? That's crummy high school blog writing.

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Had my first Beck's Prime burger last night. It certainly is a different caliber of quality compared to Jack in the Box, Whataburger, etc. You can tell it's fresh and you can certainly smell the freshness with the grill smell of the building and burger. It wasn't as good as a good restaurant burger, but it was up at (or near) the top in terms of fast food burger quality -- similar to Little Big's.

It was a bit messy... juice soaked the lower bun making it soggy.

Anyway, I'd probably go there again.

16. Pole

I think I said this before in one of the many burger threads out there. Houston's makes a mighty fine burger as well............and I like their shoestring fries.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

In N Out Double Double Animal Style, grilled onions, crispy fries.

It's still a fast food burger.

my favorite chef grilled burger is still The Shake Shack in Madison Square Park or The Burger Joint in Le Parker Meridien hotel in midtown Manhattan.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I try to avoid chain restaurants whenever possible, but I have to admit that Chili's does serve up a pretty damn good burger.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Missed this reply yesterday. I can't believe someone else has actually heard of this place. It's a complete hole in the wall and the last place in the world you would expect to find a great burger, isn't it? Totally random.

My sister has a condo on Pirates Beach and we always eat there at least once when we stay there. I don't know how they stay in business because we are ALWAYS the only people there.

20. AkeemTheDreem86

Christian's Totem
    Langford Grocers
    Bubba's (buffalo burger) under 59
    Bellaire Broiler Burger
    Beck's Prime (Bill's burger)

Really can't see how there would be a different top 5.

I believe Christian's is in Playboy's top 5/10 burgers in the country.