1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best build your own burritos in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

So back in the day all I remembered was Freebirds. I heard of other places but didn’t stray what I learned in college (Firebirds came to Austin my junior year of college).

In the past few years I have noticed a ton of places. Some old some new.

Freebirds on Shepherd – great selection but it seems like their quality has gone down. Maybe due to them opening 8 million stores in the past years
    Bullrito on Wesleyan- currently my favorite, fresh ingredients, always consistent food quality, staff is pretty nice and 99 cent ritas on the weekend is nice too. Cilantro ranch is fantastic.
    Mission – only been there once. Thought it was good. Wish it was easier to get to.
    Bouray's – only been once, nothing special, but not bad.
    Chipotle – solid, consistent, but nothing special or unique. However I do like the direction the company is going with local foods.

Where do you all like to go?

2. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

Freebirds is the epitome to me.

I havn't tried Bullritos or Mission, but I think Chipotle sucks.

3. Nero

Nero Member

Bullrito's is really good. Try the Carne Guisada. MMmmmmm

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I like Mission the best although I havent tried bullrito

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Bullrito is like Which Wich. You take a bag, check off what you want, hand it to the lady and out comes heaven in a tortilla.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I was sold on Bullritos until I heard/read about the local/organic route that Chipotle has gone with their ingredients. I'll sacrifice a a little to contribute to that... but I'll still grab a Bullritos every 4th time I get a BYOBurrito.

7. Pete the Cheat

Bullritos has surpassed Freebirds in my eyes. No contest
    and thats before you add a $1 Bullrita...

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i remember hearing about freebirds, but i didn't try it until i came to college because there was none close to the mo

am i the only one that prefers chipotle? there is something about their rice and that green tabasco nam nam nam

sooooo boredddd in this english class and this thread is making me so hungry

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not sure why Chipotle would suck, they are all pretty much the same thing, I don't really have a preference except I will not eat Qdoba which I don't think is in Houston anyway. Their salsa tastes like ketchup and their tortilla smell funky.

10. droxford

droxford Member

My favorite is the place that makes the burrito in a cayenne pepper tortilla, refried beans, and tex-mex rice (not white rice)...

... and there's only one place in town that does that. Freebirds. Nothing else comes close.

Bouray's has my vote for runner up - they're the only place in town where you can get a shrimp burrito. They use refried beans, and they have different flavors of tortillas (though not cayenne). Prices are decent. Mom & pop place, not a chain.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My favourite burritos are the ones prepared by Hispanics.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

1. Freebirds
    2. Mission
    3a. Bullrito
    3b. Chipotle

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They all taste about the same to me and produce the same result.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTvccGlOM0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTvccGlOM0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Freebirds.

/end of thread

Pugs

P.S. I work right down the street from the one on Sheperd, so I'm up for it when anyone else is!

15. yaonow

yaonow Member

that end of thread thing is annoying as **** even as a joke

freebirds sucks /thread

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

yeah, i dunno, i wish i liked freebirds/mission/bullritos more, but chipotle is simply like crack to me...

17. yaonow

yaonow Member

and / means end so you basically said end end of thread

oh yeah and chipotle>freebirds /thread

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I love Freebirds and everyone once in a while i'll do Chipotle, and its ok...theire barbacoa is pretty good...

They have a Blue Coast burrito over here and its nothing like the above two, but you take what you can get...

19. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Freebirds - more choices and better wrapped burrito. Chipotle people will just throw **** in there sometimes. Its annoyin to have no guacamole in your burrito, then find out its the only thing left when you have 4 bites to go.

20. updawg

updawg Member

Chipotle makes me feel sick every time I eat there. Don't know why but it's the only restaurant that has ever had that effect on me.
    So I would have to say freebirds