1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best basketball shoe for it's price.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Oct 19, 2013.

1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Looking for a basketball shoe that is good for both indoor and outdoor. Ranging between $40 - $80

Only thing is it can't be from Nike --Jordan (yes i know its a nike brand) , Adidas, Reebok, etc is okay, but not Nike.

Looking for a good performance shoe. Please give me your recommendations! Thank you.

2. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

*Also, i am probably not going to buy it until next month (holiday sales) , so if something is like $100 now, it might drop in price to like $80 (my price range) so feel free to still recommend things that are like that.

3. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

why no nike?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm curious too. This is probably the main reason no one is posting suggestions. There are a lot of NIKE's that can be had in your price range. Don't know many Adidas, or Reebok shoes outside the flagship sneakers.

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Why no Nike?

I just picked up a pair of Nike Hyperlight Aggression for $45. Great basketball shoes. Lightweight and protects the ankles, which for me are a necessity.

6. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

I'd rather not say, its just a personal thing.

And surely there must be other brands out there such as adidas and Jordans that have great basketball shoes, no?

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I used to wear Adidas for basketball, but then I switched to Nike. The shoes just felt better on my feet. Lighter and more comfortable.

8. AFS

AFS Member

What kind of body type do you have? The companies usually put out guard shoes and forward/center shoes. The guard shoes usually have less padding and are lighter, and the forward/center shoes usually have more padding and are heavier. Also depends on your playstyle.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

10. New Generation

Any Hyperdunks that are a year old. They drop down to $60 at Reebok or the Nike Store. They have good ankle cover and pretty flexible soles. Don't take them outside, though.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

No Nike's because you're an old an of Mergady? He's retired now, no longer affiliated with Adidas... at least not as much.

1 person likes this.
  12. cardpire

cardpire Member

Rather not say why you refuse Nikes? what the hell? please tell. this should be interesting.

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He used to run a Nike sweatshop and is ashamed about it. So now he does not want to give Nikes evil empire money.

14. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

15. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

somewhat tall, above average height (6'1.5) and about average body weight, if not slightly above average, but not fat.

I play mostly like a guard - I like to shoot long range shots, and drive in for layups/floaters. And occasionally I post. So I'd prefer lightweight shoes.

16. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

No Nike?? Is it a gift for someone else?

Anyways, I used to wear the old McGrady shoes back when he was with Adidas. Switched over to Nike because they were so much better. The last pair of Adidas I tried on was the Derek Rose 1 shoe and they pretty much killed my feet.

Not sure about Adidas, Reebok, or any other brands, but I can say they they just don't feel right. Maybe you can try finding the Adidas Pro Models somewhere.

17. AFS

AFS Member

Avoiding Nike's ends up being a pretty big issue because they make a lot of the shoes that are a combination of cheap and good (think under $60).

Keep an eye out for the CP3.VI's. They're Jordan brand and they're his shoes from last year, made for guards. Because they're the old model, they should be seeing a price drop soon once the new model comes out. Carmelo Anthony's shoes from last year should also be seeing a price drop, but since Carmelo is a forward and has a bigger body, his shoes are a little heavier and more padded. You should visit a Foot Locker or something to try the shoes on before buying. Jordan brand also has a couple of models that aren't associated with NBA players that are worth looking at, but since I've never tried them on myself, I can't vouch for them. Look at the Jordan Super Fly's (which is as low as $70 on some websites).

If you can find a pair of Adidas Adizero Crazy Light 2's, you'd probably also find those relatively cheaper as they're a couple of generations older. Older models of Derrick Rose's shoes you could also probably find cheaper. Again, try on the shoes before you buy. You want something that fits your feet well and is comfortable.

18. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I get my basketball shoes from Marshall's or the outlets.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

hit up the swap meets for some Airs. They seem ike nikes but theyre not.

20. ptR91

ptR91 Member

Why do you want shoes to play inside and outside? You're gonna lose grip if you play outside and start sliding when you play inside, that'll be a waste of good shoes. Buy cheap shoes to play outside, preferably up to $60.

After Nike, I look at Adidas. They have good shoes. Especially the outlet on 290, you'll definitely find your price range there, up to $80.