1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best and Worst Beatles Album

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketFan007, Nov 1, 2007.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I've been listening to a lot of Beatles stuff lately and just wanted to get some other opinions on their best and worst album.

Best - Magical Mystery Tour

Worst - Rubber Soul

Thoughts?

2. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

My top 3 would probaly be...

Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and The White Album.

Maybe in that order, maybe not. I can't decide.

I have no worst, I like 'em all.

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Best-Revolver
    Worst-Rubber Soul

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

what is the beatles?

5. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

I'm not even angry, I'm just puzzled. Not just one, but two people who think Rubber Soul is the worst Beatles album? I am without speach.

Best: maybe Abbey Road but damn is it hard to pick one.

Worse: If pressed I would say Magical Mystery Tour.

6. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Thanks for that. I love Rubber Soul.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Rubber Soul was the first album where the Beatles actually wrote music that spoke from the heart. John was questioning fame and himself for the first time. Before that they were just doing covers and writing pop songs. Rubber Soul is a masterpiece in the truest sense of the word. Revolver continued the brilliance.

Yellow Submarine was basically outtake B sides with really only 4 new Beatle songs

But thier B sides were still brilliant.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The worst is Beatles For Sale. It has 4 very solid songs (No Reply, I'm a Loser, Baby's in Black & Eight Days a Week) but the rest of it is very obviously filler material including a bunch of covers. Perhaps it can stand with the first two albums, but it came out after Hard Day's Night which made it a giant step backwards.

I refuse to pick a 'best'.

9. tomato

tomato Member

Beatles for Sale also has Every Little Thing. Far from filler, in my... :eek: EYES! :eek:

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Abey Road is my favorite album. It is definitely in my top 3 all-time. The White Album second, followed by Sgt Pepper's.

11. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

PEPPAHHHSSSSSSS

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Why all the Rubber Soul hate?

It would be a great album if it just had Norwegian Wood on it... and if you can't understand that, go educate yourself about the Beatles and the history of music.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Best? I like them all. My top four albums.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band -
    When this LP came out and I played it for the first time, I knew I was listening to a revolution in music. The Beatles changed the musical landscape when they first burst upon the scene, and they did it again with Sgt. Pepper. I can't tell you how much fun I had listening to this! The only thing to come close was 2 months and 3 weeks later, with the release of Are You Experienced.

Revolver -
    Some consider this their best LP. I won't give them a hard time.

Rubber Soul -
    Another one of their very best.

"The White Album" -
    An explosion of creativity that has rarely been equaled, by anyone.

I don't have a "worst." I like their very first records. So what if my mother loved them, too? It wasn't the end of the world!

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

best:

rubber soul and revolver. i guess no one actually said they didn't like rubber soul but the worst beatles album? that's just weird.

worst:

beatles didn't make a bad album but i probably listen to please please me the least.

15. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Best is Rubber Soul, anyone listing last is smoking that potent form of cocaine known as crack. Maybe you need to listen to the American version, which begins with I've Just Seen A Face rather than Drive My Car - it makes the album folksier and more cabin-in-the-woodsy, something they would never do again. "I'm Looking Through You" and "In My Life" are on a worst album? Your mama.

To me, the worst is Help. I think its listless, "mailed-in" by Beatle standards. I like "Tell Me What You See", but it is the only album where John and Paul took a simultaneous vacation. It's fine, but neither of them innovate as they did before or after, and Yesterday does not count. John also took a genius break from Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour, though Paul never did I guess, other than Help. I like "Im Down" thought, i wish they had put it on Help. Would have livened it up a little.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Let's see...

Please Please Me...like it, but don't listen to it much

With the Beatles...don't listen to that much

Hard Days Night...classic album, listen to it alot

Beatles For Sale...overall, on of their weaker ones, but still good songs on it, No Reply and I'll Follow the Sun

Help...like certain songs but not overall

Rubber Soul...love it, alot of timeless songs on it...Nowhere Man, I'm Looking through You, In My Life...plus it's kinda cool that alot of their songs has a story behind it like Paul wrote alot of his songs for Jane Asher, for example You won't see me and I'm looking through you. You can tell he was whooped by her.

Revolver...classic, I listen to this alot more then the others

Sgt Peppers...like it but tend to skip to my fave songs like day in the life and Lucy

MMS...I listen to alot of the songs on it but because alot the songs are found on other compilation albums

White Album...classic listen to it alot but tend to skip to my faves

Yellow Submarine...skip this, not a true beatles album

Abbey Road...classic. I listen to this alot

Let it Be...I tend to listen to the Naked version more, hardly listen to original.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i like the beatles and am a fan. but have yet to listen to the white album, rubber soul, or revolver.

have listened to yellow sub, abbey road, sgt pepper, and magic mystery tour.

its kind of cool BECAUSE i know those 3 are probably great and that i would like them but i will still get to enjoy them and get to know them for that first time.

come to think of it i might just download or go pick up the white cd sometime soon and check it out :D :D :D

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Now youre speaking my language! Best band EVER!

But how do you pick one?

I will say The White Album. It influenced every type of music you can imagine. Soul, Blues, R&B, Country, Hard Rock. Just a brilliant album. Hard to believe such an immaculate album was created at a time when they were at each others throats.

Revolver & Abbey Road are a VERY close second.

As for the worst? Thats like asking which of the Coors Light twins are the ugliest...

I guess I would have to say Beatles For Sale. Too many covers.

Oh, and one more thing...whats with all the disrespect for Rubber Soul? I can hardly think of a bad song on the album, much less calling it their worst...

19. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Wow. I can't believe Rubber Soul is listed as a worst album...by anyone who likes music. Is my Sarcasm Detector in need of a recharge?

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you are really missing out! :eek: i was listening to those albums while i was still in the womb!

revolver and abbey road are my two favorites, but there isnt a beatles album i dont like. even the lesser ones have good songs on them. i guess please please me b/c of all the covers, but even that album had i saw her standing there and love me do. and with the beatles had little child and that kick-ass version of roll over bethoven.

i like these albums, but i would say sgt. pepper and the white album are the most overrated - they are both good, but neither would be in my top 5 beatles albums. although sgt. pepper sounds great, i think there were a few pretty weak songs on there.

my favorite album over the last year or so has been let it be - i never really listened to that one all that much, but ive really gotten into it lately.

my favorite song over the last year would be old brown shoe - infact, that is my most listened to song on my ipod.