1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best (and cheapest) internet provider in the West Houston area

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GraingerGuy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Hello all,

This is more a question for my parents. They are going to living in the West Houston area nearish the West Oaks mall. They did some research and so far the only thing they've found it Comcast which is expensive and even out here in CA a terrible company to work with. Do any of you know of someone else they might be able to go with that would be cheaper and have better service?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

ATNT I suppose

3. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

My Mom told me that they don't serve that area? Maybe she's wrong? I'll ask her again...

I just realized that I should probably say they aren't going to be doing any online gaming or anything like that. They're going to watch some videos on YouTube and that's about the extent of the drain on bandwidth they will have.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Best and cheapest do not go together!

That being said, AT&T U-Verse or Comcast, I'd imagine. Or... you could go with that dial up thing... who provides that these days?

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

My first thought when I read his best and cheapest line:

[​IMG]

"Well, do you want me to be honest or do you want me to tell you this is the first time?"

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The best broadband you can commonly get for home use is still cable. I've had comcast internet for several years now with no big issues. On the other hand I would never use them for TV service.