1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Acceptance Speech Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by goophers, Jun 6, 2003.

1. goophers

goophers Member

My girlfriend forced me to watch the MTV movie awards tonight. The acceptance speech by Gollum for 'Best Animated Character" was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Does anyone have a recording or download of this?

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I dunno...I found Eminem's acceptance speech for Best Male Performer kind of hilarious. He did a rendition of Special Ed from Crank Yankers that was pretty dang good...

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's weird, every year i find the mtv VMA's to be one of the worst award ceremonies, and yet every year i find the MTV Movie Awards to be one of the best award ceremonies held. the audience always seems to be energetic, it's got a laid-back, no pressure atmosphere, getting an award is still an honor but people have fun with their acceptance speeches and the opening skit is always great (snoop dogg in the mummy returns scene was epic). gollum was great. and The Ring deservedly got an award.

i have to assume the Matrix Reloaded highway scene already has best action sequence locked up for next year (unless Revolutions produces something better) and that Jim Carrey already has best comedic performance locked up, which will hopefully lead to a hilarious acceptance speech.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dobbie's a ****ing ***! :D

5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Go to TheOneRing.net , they have it on their front page. Also have Peter Jackson's.... :D

edit: just watched Gollum's acceptance speech. Freaking hilarious! :D :D Pissed myself...

#5 getsmartnow, Jun 6, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2003
  6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Guess this is as good a thread as any...

1)Daveigh Chase is officially the most annoying person in the world.

2) It's a good thing tatu has that lesbian angle going, because they can't sing for sh*t.

3) Has ANY chick aged better than Demi Moore? I'd be first in line for Striptease 2 if it meant more nekkid Demi.

4) Kelly Osbourne doesn't look to bad as a blonde, though I'd probably still bang Sharon before her.

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I was gonna tell you to take it easy on the kid cuz I thought she was seven or something but she'll be 13 in a month.

She is FREAKING ANNOYING!!!! All will suffer, huh, well I'm sufferin' during your lame a$$ acceptance speech.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Geez...give the kid a break! Most 13 year olds talk like that with their "OH MY GODs" and their "THIS IS SO COOLs!". She was obviously nervous. It could have been much worse. I thought she did okay. Yes, 13 is still young SO TAKE IT EASY ON HER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

"ALL WILL SUFFER!!!"

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Who was the chick who introduced Ashton kucher and some other guy. she was really hot.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Amanda Bynes?

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't remember her name. She intro'd Puffy and Kutcher. She is some model with a spanish sounding name.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

IMO, they do a better job than Shakira. It's not about singing anyways, it's about teenage lesbians (fake or not) dancing in their underwear :eek:

Probably? Although I wouldn't want to ever make this choice, I'd take Sharon.

13. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

Can't remember her first name, but her last name is Sanchez.

14. SLA

SLA Member

Ashton Kucher and.......P DIDDY?!? lol
    I think it was P DIDDY.
    And Sanchez....yes.....very nice......the spy...who helped Jet Li.
    EMINEM was hilarious!
    Dissing Mariah Carey.
    And the intro Matrix Reloaded thingy was funny too.
    The Lord of the Rings people won like most of the awards.
    HILARRY DUFF!!! and the other girl with her!
    Also...TATU!!! hahahaha.
    50 Cent...That was kinda cool. He's yelling his lungs. He can't sing...just yelling...I like his G Unit guys though.
    AND WHAT?!? No one cheered for Shanghai Knight?!? :(

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Before I forget, can Pink's pants get any lower? :eek:

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man, if you missed it. Holy ****, you missed well I dunno, but man you can catch it on MTV again for the next ten months.

I saw part of 50's performence, I saw some of Pink's performence. It was lame. Pink used to be good. I wanted to see tAtU.

Does anybody like Kirsten Dunst. I like her. I think she looks pretty darn good.

I think my favorite movie with her is Crazy/Beautiful.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who is Gollum. I heard that when he won, he came out to the best song ever, by the best band ever(Turns To Ashes, by 36 Crazyfists).

The opening lyrics to this song are in my sig. :)

#17 Two Sandwiches, Jun 6, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2003
  18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Gollum would be the schizo creature from LOTR TTT