1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Besides Being A Skilled Politician Reagan And Trump Arer The Same Person

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 4, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, people have known about Trump for years- we were all making fun of him over the birther thing- and surprise, he gets more publicity when he's running for the highest office in the land... man, you really failed miserably with this thread. Just cut your losses, sir. Really.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I believe one claimed he groped her in a public event

It was ridiculous to the point it's none story

The other thing about is as offense as he is he immediately apologized for being caught taped secretly in what really was obviously locker room type banter

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not making excuses

You do know he really isn't a rapist right?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump had already settled a sexual harassment suit(Even though he claims that he never settles lawsuits) before this ever even began. There were at least three other women who came forward after the allegations.

What Trump was talking about wasn't simple locker room banter. He was talking about sexually assaulting women without their consent. In all of the locker rooms I've been in, nobody talks like that. Other professional athletes have said the same.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the media didnt have to call him a sexual predator. all they had to do was report what he said...he revealed himself to be one by the fact that he bragged about how since he is a celebrity he can grab women by the p***y. and he bragged about trying to "f***" a married woman. and he bragged about how since he owned the miss america pageant he could walk in on the women while they were changing. and more than one miss teen usa contestant said he walked in on them as well.

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Reagan signed COBRA into law, and it included the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act.....a huge turd of a law that was arguably the first real federal attempt at some sort of socialized medicine. Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law.........an even bigger turd of a law. It was "sold" as socialized health care, but in reality, it was socialized health care insurance. Socializing health care insurance is like handing all of the keys....to all of the hen houses.....to all of the wolves.

The thing that separates Reagan and Trump is that Reagan--though he had plenty of detractors, was one of the better presidents at reaching out across the isle aisle and getting things done. Trump will get nothing done because he can't bridge the two sides. He will be worse than Obama in that regards. Why? Because he's a worthless, piece of **** *******. Why was Obama so bad at it? Simply because he's African American. His greatest legacy will probably be that he exposed just how deep racism is in America. His lasting legacy (at least in a positive light) certainly won't be foreign policy or the Affordable Care Act.

pgabriel likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you bring purposefully obtuse?

He's had domestic abuse and rape accusations from multiple wives and a teenager way before he ever thought of being a president.

8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Yeah, Trump and Reagan have about as much in common as dog **** and ice cream.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

reagan and trump could not be more different. i hate reagan and most of what he did, but he was a very skilled politician and communicator. trump is neither of those. forget the democrats, that dips*** has turned half of his party against him. in the end a president is judged on whether or not they can get their agenda through...in that regard trump has been a massive failure.

however, i do see a similarity b/t trump and reagan supporters...they are authoritarians and nationalists who are driven by fear. they abide by the philosophy of "do as i say, not as i do". its more about imagery and feelings than substance. they can pretend to be one thing and when their president does the opposite they still support him (reagan supporters pretend to be limited government/fiscal conservatives).

is pgabriel doing a massive troll-job here? i thought he was a party-line democrat?

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

See, Trump have many African American supporters. Does voting for Trump change your views on politics?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump outperformed a lot of candidates to win

It deserves congratulations.

Democrats just look petty and can't even pick a leader

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not bragging but I predicted his victory very early because I could see as a good sales person he focused on the right potential customers.

Since Reagan a campaign is just a sales job

I had to work sales for the first time a few years ago.

It's not easy but I finally learned a few things

It's not easy
    Don't waste time on people who ain't buying
    It's just a show. Stick to the script

All of y'all have this romantic vision of Reagan

You have been sold

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On Republicans and Democrats working together.

Thing of the past

Just look at your reaction to me trying to give Trump some credit

"Oh but you're a Democrat Cats sleeping with dogs"

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hilary couldn't focus on the right customer cause the election was about the economy and on that topic she has nothing. She doesn't have a clear economic philosophy.

Right or wrong Trump has a vision he can sell