1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Besides Being A Skilled Politician Reagan And Trump Arer The Same Person

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 4, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you like Reagan now?

The guy who put the mentally ill on the street?

Don't cut your nose to spite your face

#21 pgabriel, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Don't like Reagan, but he's better than Trump. After Iran-Contra, Reagan came out and said well we thought it was one way, and it turned out to be something else. We made a mistake and won't make it again.

Trump would never do that.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm sure Reagan would be down with the Paris Climate change Accord

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, Reagan has to be credited somewhat for leading the Actors' Guild, at least before torpedoing them as an anti-communist. Also, he ran California at probably one of the most volatile times in its history. He also kind of took the to do of at least gaining exposure to government issues and public service via his DoD training and propaganda film work during World War II, and his public speaking tour against Medicare. There are some dreadful views in there, but at least he involved himself in the political process beyond petty shouting matches.

Trump is completely unqualified and disengaged, there is no reason to liken other elected or appointed public servants to him.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hence "other than being a skilled politician"

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Other than massive differences they are exactly the same, agreed.

Operation normalize trump successful.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro I'm tired of responding to personal ****. I answered your question.

Trump hasn't been found guilty of anything

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

If he could be tried for being an ignorant ass then the lack of a conviction would be relevant.

We get it man, you like him.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think the outrage is stupid

Don't put words in my mouth

I answered your question *******

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump makes some of y'all act like grade school girls passing noted in class

Do you like Donald

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Whoa whoa with the insults.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

I completely agree. They are so not the same person it's not even funny.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cause you put words in my mouth twice after I answered your let me make this personal question

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Sorry you got so triggered by people pointing out that your thread premise was off base. I pledge to let you have your safe space here in the d&d from now on.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No you said I like Trump twice

It has nothing to do with my thread. After I answered your question

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Actually, no, he doesn't. But from your comments in this and other threads, it seems to me that you are willing to ignore 100s of examples of Trump being a complete ass to somehow make the case that he is "not so bad." Umm, yeah, he is. He is borderline illiterate, has demonstrated poor governance, shown very little interest in his job, routinely insulted individuals (even without provocation), has an embarrassing lack of knowledge regarding foreign affairs, and has taken lying to a level beyond anything we've even seen from a President- including Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama.

I don't know what your fascination is with Donald Trump, or why you continue to push this narrative that we are somehow unhinged about Trump.

No.

We are not at all unhinged about Trump. He is that bad, and history will prove us detractors correct. I'm 100% guaranteed of that.

It's sad that YOU have bought into the Trump narrative.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump is an add and not a skilled politician

Hence"other than being a skilled politician"

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

No, it's not about being a skilled politician- Trump is no longer running for office. It's about governance. Diplomacy- yes, that's a very important part of a President's job, and it's much more than being a politician.

Enjoy your comparison. Your opinion will be in the minority, but if it makes you happy, great.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just can't agree with you, pgabriel, and I voted against Reagan twice. They are vastly different people. While some may make fun of Reagan for being an actor turned politician as president, he was involved in politics for decades before that period in his life. He was originally a liberal New Deal Democrat that campaigned for Truman and who got involved with the AFL-CIO affiliated Screen Actors Guild, becoming President of the Guild (and obviously a union member). Sadly, he fell prey to someone who more resembles trump, Senator Joe McCarthy, a truly evil b*stard, for those people who believe in evil, and his marriage to the very conservative actress, Nancy Davis, influenced him in a more personal way (Davis-Reagan was no Joe McCarthy, though, far from it).

Switching parties and getting involved with the GOP by 1962, Reagan was deeply involved in state (California, where he was elected governor and served 2 terms) and national politics, going back at least to Goldwater's failed run for president in 1964. Reagan recorded a famous (at the time) video supporting Goldwater called, “A Time for Choosing," that is still praised by long time conservatives (not by me, but it was a good political speech that highlighted his future potential, and got the attention of the GOP nationally).

I could go on. In short, Reagan was nothing like trump who, unlike Reagan, had no background whatsoever in politics and is not nearly as smart as Reagan was, not that Reagan was a genius, far from it. Mr. trump makes him look like one, however. He's that bad. I'm not getting into Iran/Contra, for which Reagan was in danger of being impeached, but who survived the scandal. What trump is doing is entirely different. President Reagan would have had trump arrested for treason for his bizarre efforts to suck up to Russia and the Russian leadership, and for trump's urging of Russia to interfere with our 2016 election (which trump did - it's on record), were he able to. Reagan would have certainly called trump's acts treasonous, in my opinion, as would many of those surrounding Reagan back then, and in my opinion, they would have been right.

Honestly, Reagan doesn't deserve to be dragged into discussions positively comparing him to trump. While a flawed president, Reagan, warts and all, looks pretty damned good compared to the man. For anyone who thinks what I wrote about Reagan isn't true, look it up. I left a lot out.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

List Reagan's accomplishments