1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders at Hoffheinz at U of H Sunday Night !!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jul 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Major

Major Member

Did you really just post this? :confused: Of course minimum wage should increase forever, assuming inflation continues forever. The cost of everything increases every year. Why wouldn't the cost of labor?

You make a whole lot of posts that show a lack of knowledge about a lot of subjects, but this one might be your worst ever. You don't even seem to understand the very basics of economics.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You shouldn't makes your trolling this obvious lol

1 person likes this.
  3. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

What the hell does it matter? As long as minimum wage raises equally with inflation (which is NOT driven primarily by labor costs) then what's the problem?

1 person likes this.
  4. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

[​IMG]

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I'll consider my audience and leave you guys to your foolishness.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Most college students who work are the low skilled workers you are talking about. College students who work, work at fast food restaurants. Also just because someone went to college does not make them more skilled for jobs. The people who need the lower waged jobs are already in those jobs and have experience from those jobs which makes them skilled. Anyone who owns a business will tell you they don't necessarily need college graduates they need experience this saves time and money.

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

In this quote, we see the epitome of the kind of person who doesn't believe evidence-based studies which actually use data to show how the real world works when exposed to different inputs.

I have also run two different businesses and I see right through your ignorant BS.

8. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, you should consider your audience much more knowledgeable on the subject than you and continue on with your foolish beliefs.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Since burgers seem to be the launching point....

In-N-Out Burger pays well above minimum wage and offers 401K and health insurance to employees and dependents. McDonalds pays minimum wage and offers no benefits.

So considering the much lower labor costs, why is it just as cheap to eat better food at In-N-Out than it is McDonalds.

This clearly dispels the notion that raising labor costs inherently means a drastic (if any) increase in the cost of a hamburger.

1 person likes this.
  10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Who is the fool, again?

With as many terrible posts as you've managed to spew out into the D&D over the last few years, I think this thread takes the cake. You clearly don't have any idea about what you're talking about. My favorite part was when you called Northside Storm a liar because he said he runs a business. I guess in your world, he must be a 'taker' because he rejects your flawed and invalid logic.

1 person likes this.
  11. Remii

Remii Member

I'm referring to teenagers within the legal age to work and up... Which isn't delegated to college students.

And I do have my own business... But I'm not a big corporation like Walmart. So if the minimum wage is raised _ that forces me to either pass on that increase to my customers and or cut my work force, or just hire illegals.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't agree that Small Businesses should have to pay the wage hike if they can prove they don't make enough profit. But ideally if you have a business and you want to be able to call it a successful business you want to be able to pay your workers a living wage it's just the right thing to do. Most illegals though perform work that Americans don't want to do anyway so if you have that type of business then maybe you should hire illegals. Believe it or not American economy would not survive without the illegal immigrant workforce we simply don't have enough people who do those types of jobs for that little pay.

13. GladiatoRowdy

If your business doesn't generate a half million in revenue a year, you are exempt from minimum wage laws.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/q-a.htm

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thanks for finding that. I said earlier that it wouldn't effect small businesses but I couldn't find a link.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The Americans that used to do those jobs are paid by the government not to work. Take away the state funding and people tend to get motivated. The fact that anyone considers work "below" them is just plain sad.

I have much respect for and am glad that we have hard working people that still see the opportunities available in this great country it's just too bad that some Americans can't see it.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO That's not the reason, stop it. We enough with Bobbythegreats comments please don't start, lol.

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

If you don't have a job and you want to eat, there is no such thing as a job that is beneath you... unless you are paid by the government not to work. Move to Mexico, if you don't work there, you die.

Bobbythegreat's comments are fine, there is some middle ground on a minimum wage hike but I, like Bobby, don't believe it is $15. If $15 is perfectly fine then why not $20 or $25?

Everyone making fun of Bobby knows this is true but this place isn't for rational conversation it is for flinging poo.

and rhyming

20. rage

rage Member

He did not argue it should be $10, 15, 20.
    His argument is whatever it is, it still makes the petson poorer. That's the idiotic part.