1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bernie Sanders 2016 Feel the Bern!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 14, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Bernie Sanders confounds me. I mean even if you're nice and like the guy you have to call him a hypocrite the way he's acting now. Let me get this straight, you went off on a tirade about how bad the establishment was and how they are against the will of people because of the whole super delegate thing. You threaten them and say they shouldn't be the deciding vote. Clinton now has the popular vote by millions and leads in delegates without the need of super delegates. So now Bernie has pledge to ignore the will of the people by trying to get the super delegates to side with him? How does that even make sense? He should just gracefully bow out now before the media starts calling him on his bull****.

2 people like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Amen. He's acting like just another narcissistic politician now. No one likes a sore loser.

Probably holding on with the hope that Clinton gets indicted for the email thing, which won't happen.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If Andrew Luck has the Texans down 31-10 do they pull Watt so Luck doesn't get hurt going in to the playoffs?

I think you guys are wildly underestimating the political differences between Mr. Sanders and Ms. Clinton. They have vastly different policy and philosophy views and Mr. Sanders is fighting for awareness of them and the future of the party and nation. If this were not a binary political system they would never be in the same party like Trump would not be aligned with theocrats.

I also don't think you understand what happens at a party convention. The people there actually have discussions and committee votes on party policy. If the Bernie people are not there, lobbyist will do all the talking and the progressive promises Ms. Clinton has been making will evaporate for the sake of campaign contributions.

You'd have to be crazy to think Bernie won't wholeheartedly support Ms. Clinton in a race with Donald, but despite what the Clinton/Big Money PR machine has the papers printing, we are not there yet. Frankly it would be a big loss for Progressives if he capitulated now to the weight of politics as usual. That's the whole point of the campaign... evolving the Party.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

New POLITICO article out on Sanders and his campaign. It's pretty ugly. Pettiness, vindictiveness, incompetence and plenty of delusion.

That people actually thought this man was capable of competently splitting a restaurant check, let alone running a country... laughable.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Sorry brehs, but as long as Hillary is under threat of indictment, Bernie should stay in.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Bernie Sanders endorsing Jill Stein for President would make perfect sense. Bernie can continue his revolution in collaboration with the Green Party -- a party that shares his values 100%. Why be a part of the corrupt DNC and their rigged system? What the media did to Bernie this week was disgusting. Pre-empting yesterday's votes by declaring the race over on Monday night was purposeful and done with intentions of suppressing the vote. Jill Stein is an honorable woman who stands on principle -- the complete opposite of Hillary Clinton. The Bernie supporters who believe in the platform of addressing income inequality, climate change, and dignity for all, should join hands with Jill Stein to continue the revolution. The DNC is dirty and wants to simply ordain the corrupt Hillary Clinton as their leader. Why compromise your ethics to support this woman? Stay pure and join with Jill.

GOOD DAY

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And by "threat of indictment" we mean internet males talking about hypothetical indictment that is not forthcoming.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You pull Watt because the game is all but lost and rather than risk injury to a key player who you will need in future games and seasons you take him off the field.
    This ties into with the Watt analogy. Sanders has done a good job and gotten a lot of support. The problem though is that rather than help his issues the longer he stays in even though it is extremely unlikely he can still win the nomination, he is hurting them. His movement becomes more associated with a bitter Quixotic effort to simultaneously attack the establishment while begging for them to change allegiance and support him.

He ends up injuring the causes he is fighting for as they become more associated with someone who is looking like a sore and petulant loser rather than stand on their own.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Uh, you have legit sources that say otherwise? Share. Non-freeper only pls.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I know what you know. I don't claim to know anything more.

Did I miss something? Is the investigation over? Is Hillary in the clear?

If not, I don't find the "STFU WHITE INTERNET MALE" argument to be that compelling, TBH.

12. SamFisher

Which investigation?

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Which is why you "suspend" your campaign so that there remains the possibility to step back in should the need arise. In the meantime, Sanders can help unite the party and continue to have a loud voice in the platform.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if sanders had been in the same situation under investigation, would obama have blocked any indictments against him too or just let him bern? methinks bernie shunning aipac and railing against goldman would have gotten him a go to jail and do not collect $200 card from our nobel peace prize winner

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I assume he means the FBI investigation, referenced at the end of the WaPo editorial here and elsewhere:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/clintons-inexcusable-willful-disregard-for-the-rules/2016/05/25/0089e942-22ae-11e6-9e7f-57890b612299_story.html

And that's one of the harshest takes you can find from a reputably and carefully reported outlet.

Still nothing criminal emerging and no hint that an indictment could follow. "Investigation" does not mean criminal investigation, but Fox and Bros have successfully conflated, it seems to me.

16. SamFisher

And this is one example of why nobody takes the Berniebros seriously

Not only is Hillster already indicted for unspecified crimes, but it's being covered up by the President who is engaged in his own criminal conspiracy - who would have engaged in another criminal conspiracy (sicne Bernie pissed off the Jews and the Banks - two other conspirators) to send Bernie to jail, in an alternative universe.

Democracy - it exists so people like you can be outvoted!

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't like what Bernie is doing...but the whole reaction from a lot of the posters is hypocritical as fchowd pointed out. Don't **** on Bernie supporters and expect them to fall in line thinking they are obliged to vote. I would encourage them to do so, as Trump is the alternative ...but you have a better chance at catching bees with honey as opposed to being ugly.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hello little sammie, i don't like bernie. he wants to raise my taxes even higher in order to give you freebies. and you do not live in a democracy. you live in a republic. only switzerland has anything closely resembling a democracy these days.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

They are not obligated to vote, if they think they would be better under president Trump, they are certainly welcome to vote for him, we do live in a democracy.

20. Major

Major Member

Bernie supporters can do whatever they want. But don't pretend he cares about progressive issues or anything like that at this point - he's only interested in himself. Assuming he's not stupid, he's knows he's not going to win the nomination, and anything he does to contest and bring down Hillary only hurts the progressive issues he claims to care about. Even if you disagree with her on everything else, tipping the USSC to the left or right for a generation is really the simple most powerful thing a President can do over the next 4 years. So anything that risks that risks a generation of damage to progressive causes.