1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Benghazi: the coverup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 3, 2012.

1. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basso thinks Delta Force are p*****s.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Seriously

I've been reading all day the way republican congressmen have been denigrating the special forces that caught this guy. In the words of Mr. Reid, pathetic.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Where does basso say anything of the sort? Please!

6. mc mark

How dare the President?!?! So unAmerican!!!!!

Obama Administration Won't Send Benghazi Suspect To Gitmo

The Obama administration will not be sending Abu Khatallah, the Libyan militant captured in connection to the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, to Guantanamo Bay, according to National Security Council Spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden.

Below is Hayden's statement:

Abu Khatallah is currently in U.S. custody in a secure location outside the United States, and en route to the United States to face the charges against him. Some have suggested that he should go to GTMO. Let me rule that out from the start. The Administration's policy is clear on this issue: we have not added a single person to the GTMO population since President Obama took office, and we have had substantial success delivering swift justice to terrorists through our federal court system.

Indeed, since 9/11, we have used the federal court system to convict and incarcerate hundreds of terrorists. The effective use of the criminal justice system has resulted in the debriefing, conviction and incarceration of U.S. citizens and non-citizens for acts of terrorism committed inside the United States and around the world. The system has repeatedly proven that it can successfully allow us to gather intelligence, handle the threat that we continue to face, and prosecute terrorists.

Meanwhile Republican say Benghazi Suspect Should Be Held In Guantanamo

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wow I had no idea the administration has not added anyone to that prison.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Obama say he wanted to close it before, or soon after he got elected?

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

do you think it's wagging the dog as well?

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

To quote Ben Bradlee in "All the President's Men"... that's a NON-RESPONSE RESPONSE.

10. mc mark

Oh my.

Benghazi Suspect Said He Was Moved To Take Revenge For American-Made Video

What he did in the period just before the attack has remained unclear. But Mr. Abu Khattala told other Libyans in private conversations during the night of the attack that he was moved to attack the diplomatic mission to take revenge for an insult to Islam in an American-made online video.

An earlier demonstration venting anger over the video outside the American Embassy in Cairo had culminated in a breach of its walls, and it dominated Arab news coverage. Mr. Abu Khattala told both fellow Islamist fighters and others that the attack in Benghazi was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him.

The New York Times reported Tuesday

11. mc mark

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

needs more hashtag #jen.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8CP55I9Y_y8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't you see? He was obviously in on it as well.

It's all connected. He probably reviewed Susan Rices script before she went on meet the press and it's audience of dozens.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well Delta Force was undoubtedly coordinating with Hillary's book publisher.

15. mc mark

I'm surprised this update hasn't been posted.

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack

(08-01) 11:42 PDT WASHINGTON -- The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, said Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee.

The panel voted Thursday to declassify the report, the result of two years of investigation by the committee. U.S. intelligence agencies will have to approve making the report public.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given."

1 person likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think most reasonable folks figured this was the case after all the other investigations.

The irrational ones still won't buy it.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's just so funny how conservatives are trying so hard to find something to stick to Obama.

The economy
    Obamacare
    Fast and Furious
    Libya
    Egypt
    Iraq
    Iran
    Israel-Palestine
    Border Crisis
    Benghazi
    Budget Deficit
    IRS scandal
    Solyndra

I mean, seriously! You want to know why the public never gets too worked up about any of these "scandals" on Obama....just take a look at that list. Republicans need to stop trying to manufacture scandals and focus on fixing the country.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Yes, he has been thwarted by Congress. No surprise there.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Obama has obviously used the CIA, NSA, IRS, and FBI to obfuscate the facts, intimidate the committee, and ultimately widen this conspiracy to unbelievable heights.

20. Major

Major Member

I don't trust only 8 committee investigations. I think we need a 9th.