1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Benghazi: the coverup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Clinton leaks memoir chapter that unloads on critics of her Benghazi response

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...benghazi-chapter-says-wont-be-part-political/

(look, I link FAUX News .... dogs and cats living together!)

"I will not be a part of a political slugfest on the backs of dead Americans. It's just plain wrong, and it's unworthy of our great country. Those who insist on politicizing the tragedy will have to do so without me."

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the criticism is there was no response, before, during, or in the aftermath

As in, requests for security prior were ignored, requests for rescue during were denied, and none of the perpetrators have been caught.

3. Dubious

"Clinton insisted as well that she never saw cables requesting more security at the Benghazi compound."

Clinton, in her book, reportedly defended Rice, saying she got her talking points from existing intelligence. Further, Clinton argued it is still "inaccurate" to say none of the attackers were influenced by the video.

...and Congress cut the budget for security. You are going to lose on Benghazi. Maybe the GOP should focus on what they want to do to move the nation forward (instead of always backward)

4. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

pretty much her job, you know, security and all. What else would she say?

I'm sure that there is existing intelligence from WWI too but it would be just as worthless. The talking points were an obvious attempt to hide responsibility and wtf does the video have to do with anything now that we know the truth?

Don't look at me and my failures to defend our countrymen the GOP is your problem. Hillary for Pres.!!!!!

These are not the actions of a leader they are the actions of a coward and a career politician who would say or do anything to maintain or further her position, including lie to the American people.

I understand that a large majority of posters in here think Hillary is the bomb, but I don't think the families of the victims at Benghazi will be voting for her any time soon.

5. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Please stop talking for the families of the people who were killed in Benghazi.

6. Dubious

Chris Stevens' Death In Libya Shouldn't Be Politicized, Father Says
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/14/chris-stevens-libya_n_1965009.html

I'm not a big Hillary fan, she is a political animal all to ready to sell out to corporate interest. But Benghazi is a loser for the GOP, and the GOP is a national loser if they can't articulate any plans other than no. It doesn't matter though because they can still buy enough seats to make no the modus operandi for US politics. Obstruct and blame, obstruct and blame ... so tiresome by design, like basso and texx.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

^^^^ Conservative Mantra: keep people mad, keep people scared.

They have nothing left; no ideas, no solutions

1 person likes this.
  8. Dubious

They have an idea, it's just to preserve the current economic climate. It's the bestest ever time to be a huge corporation. Banks are getting free money, you can't beat that. They got what they wanted and they will pay to keep it.

Benghazi plays with the locals, you can run against Hillary for Lt. Governor in a state she doesn't even visit.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's 100% clear that the Obama administration is a bunch of blatant liars. They heard Benghazi attackers using State Dept. cell phones to call terrorist leaders.

US spy agencies heard Benghazi attackers using State Dept. cell phones to call terrorist leaders

The terrorists who attacked the U.S. consulate and CIA annex in Benghazi on September 11, 2012 used cell phones, seized from State Department personnel during the attacks, and U.S. spy agencies overheard them contacting more senior terrorist leaders to report on the success of the operation, multiple sources confirmed to Fox News.

The disclosure is important because it adds to the body of evidence establishing that senior U.S. officials in the Obama administration knew early on that Benghazi was a terrorist attack, and not a spontaneous protest over an anti-Islam video that had gone awry, as the administration claimed for several weeks after the attacks.

Eric Stahl, who recently retired as a major in the U.S. Air Force, served as commander and pilot of the C-17 aircraft that was used to transport the corpses of the four casualties from the Benghazi attacks – then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, information officer Sean Smith, and former Navy SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods – as well as the assault’s survivors from Tripoli to the safety of an American military base in Ramstein, Germany.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ing-state-dept-cell-phones-to-call-terrorist/

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Bennngggghaaaaazi.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

12. Dubious

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man that Obama, what a gangster!

15. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO I knew the Republicans (I do not call them conservatives as they are not) would beat Benghazi until it was dead and then flip it over and beat it some more.... but they even surprise me with how long they are riding this dead horse...

16. Dubious

Will McAvoy ‏@WillMcAvoyACN 1h
    Amazing how the people who think we waited to capture the #Benghazi suspect never questioned why it took so long to find bin Ladin.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well I can understand how conservatives who promised a cheap little shock and awe campaign war and claimed "mission accomplished" would especially like to talk about Benghazzi!! this week as the chickens come home to roost after they killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for nothing.

Benghazzi!!

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Apparently according to FAUX and friends the capture of this guy is a distraction to the scandal that is BENGHAZI!!!!

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Did somebody call my name?

20. Dubious

I thought it was a distraction for cutting and running in Iraq.