1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Benching the entire starting unit 4 minutes into the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Underrated coach, especially with the mess he's still cleaning up. This isn't new for JB, and I'm sure he wants to win just as badly as the fans do. He just wants to win the right way.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I loved it, tired of the lack of professionalism by players being paid multi millions of dollars, disrespecting the game, opponent, teammates, and coaches.

James immaturity is a clear sign of I can't lead a team. Draymond would've cussed everyone out instead of complaining to Kerr.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Jb did a good thing but we need a real coach. IMO

4. thekad

thekad Member

I remember when he did the same thing in a Denver game after they made a mini-run. Denver proceeded to run the backups off the court.

But of course someone like DD would take whatever small grain of recency biased evidence he can get to prove a dumb point.

Pro Tip: Playing worse players is a bad idea.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

DD

6. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Don't accept or allow underachievement from this group Coach! You know fans won't either.

7. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

JB has definitely earned my respect. This is what McHale should have done from the get go. I hope this trend continues. He's the boss, his job is on the line and everyone in the locker room needs to know what the expectations are. Players are human and will have off nights, but effort and defense should always be there. If you give effort and defense, you give yourself a shot to win every single night.

8. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'm really starting to like JB. The way he blasts the refs, the way he'll sit the starters....

Two thumbs up coach!

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

J2Balls because there BBs.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

oh my god! the quarterback is toast!

bwhahaha! :grin: thx, jr. rep.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

my bad i was on phone mode and the gif didn't play..

but oh my do i LOVE this move as well as JB's reaction to his bumass

12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I think it's funny he benched the starters and y'all have a new found love for him. Mchale benched harden and we won the 2nd round because of it but y'all still call for his jon(deserved it).

JB still can't make simple rotations or crunch time decisions

JB is a modern mchale. Instead of the "play harder, clap clap, run faster, clap clap" we get "when those little motha ****as come in you block that ****"

Either way I still see no real defensive coaching and borderline play calling. If it wasn't for a few natural playmakers we would have a stale offense still

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

His rotations are awesome, didn't you see this benching!!! :rolleyes: it's really too late, what'd it take, like ****ing 10-15 games after his empty threats to the media??? "if you don't play I'll bench you :(" or whatever he said... way to go coach!!!! YAY

Lol, I can't wait till this ****ing cluster **** of a season is over.

I just hope the mediocrity this team has shown doesn't scare potential FA's/coaches from coming...

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I understand that my feeling was not bases on anything. So it might be completely off. For the people who think it is Stupid, I have one question. If bot this then why did harden not believe in mchale anymore?

Look I am not against the mchale firing. I am also happy we have harden. However I do have my questions regarding harden mentality. There are games were hè really does not see to care (or atleast hè plays like hè does nor care).

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

v Pels in NOLA last January (15).

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Arno, your perception has been right, Harden has not been the same this year effort wise, especially on defense - his scoring is the same but his turnovers are higher, and he has been coasting a lot to start games.

And when your leader does this if has an affect on the rest of the team, he almost seems like he feels entitled out there - and that last year meant something...which it did not....

So, he needs a tough coach that will get him to give a more consistent effort.

I don't think JBB is that guy, but I can respect that he did it last night and the message worked.

DD

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Jb is not that guy right now. However I definitely repsect what he did. Harden is definitely not the same player as last year. If we had the same Harden we had last year this team would not be in the situation we are in. Especially with the way Dwight has been playing. Really sad time to be a Rockets fan right now.

18. Rocketeer4Life

Best move JB did all season!! Was so happy when he did that. Suns commentators were implying that Harden was being difficult with JB's decision as seen by his body language and by taking time leaving the court. They said that this kind of attitude is why there are deep internal problems with the team…especially from their leader...

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

Really? You think that cost McHale his job? Harden wasn't even upset during game 6. Just look at him at the sidelines cheering on his teammates, look at him and in the tunnel after the game and listen to him post-game.

Some of you people really need to get a life and stop reading something into everything or worse yet making up a story and running with it. Nobody is saying that Harden is perfect and yes he has had some bad games (as has every other star in the league), but to blame him for EVERYTHING that is wrong with the Rockets this season is just absurd.

1 person likes this.
  20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

JBB still a defensive expert? We still last in defense?? Hahaha

Nevertheless, I also endorse the move. Something positive.