1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Jesus christ, who even wants this guy on their team.

He's a walking personification of the soft, lazy, mentally fragile b**ch stereotype of this generation. They wanted me to work on my flaws and didn't do everything possible to make me feel better for my failure. Unacceptable, I'm not gonna play because my feelings are hurt.

Richie_Rich, NewAge and hakeem94 like this.
  2. foh

foh Member

haha. the tweet is combined from a bunch of quotes and is made to sound worse than it was, but I can't really argue that there are covert feelings of animosity for Ben, which might be the last straw for someone as sensitive as Simmons. Morey can forget the idea of Simmons rejoining the team. Getting Harden in the summer is his only leverage now when talking to other owners and if he pushes that line hard, the League HAS to intervene and stop that trade from happening in the summer. Doc f'd Morey/team over more or less, but getting fans to realize that and thus firing Doc over the summer seems unlikely.

Still, the ridiculousness of this drama starts with how immature Simmons is. He admitted to wanting to be stalked by his coach?? Really??

Done following this story.

NewAge likes this.
  3. double d

double d Contributing Member

Aww, that's cute, they think Harden will pass the ball to Embiid

jim1961 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

seems like hes a cut out challenge for coach Silas

5. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

He must lay some good pipe

6. i3artow i3aller

Klutch Media Group London division

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What in the world???

How crazy, deranged is this tweet if it's true true that she wouldn't leave Paul's house unless he promised not to break up with her? It would be like Loc Dog bragging about getting a girl's number at gunpoint in that one movie.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

what kinda comment is this? Harden is one of the best passers in the league. He's forced into a scoring role here. He's totally fine just passing in Brooklyn.

Jayzers_100 and ksny15 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Alperen Sengun should hire the Klutch Group..his agent not doing a great job...

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's an incredible read. Thanks, @i3artow i3aller. Wow. Simmons is in the wrong business, Professional Basketball Player.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, If he passes to Clint Capela and Omer Asik, why wouldn't he pass to Embiid?

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is a good case study on how the wrong inner circle can torpedo a professional athlete's career. It's easy to say "It's not about the f***ing money" when you're not the one that's lost millions of dollars.

Richie_Rich, B-Bob, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj: Interest In Ben Simmons Remains High But No Teams Think They Can't Live Without Him

Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne discussed the current trade value of Ben Simmons approximately one week before the trade deadline as Daryl Morey and the Philadelphia 76ers continue to make him available in a deal while maintaining that a move isn't necessary at this time.

"The value is... there are a lot of teams who want him, but I don't know there's anybody who thinks we can't live without him," said Wojnarowski on his podcast. "They certainly don't value him at the level Philly has wanted in trade packages.

"And so you've seen, you know we reported last week Sacramento said 'We're out.' They've been telling teams that. Other teams, they feel not only is the asking price too high from Philly. Even if it went down some it would still be too high. It won't get far enough down for them to make a deal. They just don't want to waste time on it. They have to improve their team in Sacramento."

Wojnarowski went on to say that the Kings were really motivated to trade for Simmons.

"There are a lot of GMs who will tell you, I had one tell me today, certainly a team that has the pieces to do a Ben Simmons' trade... 'Daryl has to call me. I'm not calling him. He has to call me with offers.' There are teams who feel that."

14. i3artow i3aller

15. i3artow i3aller

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shaq is the most talented big baby.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, Big Baby.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

20. jayland

jayland Member

I knew it. Harden's 4 points game was on purpose sabotage. Like when he showed up in a fat suit to Rockets training camp because he wanted out of here.

hakeem94 likes this.