1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Shapiro and the BBC enjoy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, May 11, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If there is merit to this (which I'm not sure there is), it's still hugely undone by the BBC guy's style and tone. He is not only attacking Shapiro; but his wording and phraseology are biased. Again, he accuses Shapiro of wanting to bring back the "dark ages." It's ridiculous.

It's impossible for me to take a news anchor who operates like this (ie, in a non-objective fashion, and with a bunch of emotion) seriously.

I do recall that Mishal Hussain used to do the same back in the early 2000s, and she was as equally ridiculous when she did it. (OTOH, she was pretty hot :D)

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Exactly

Nook and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What emotion. Actually he was the only one in that interview that has his emotions under check. Unlike Ben. What is Ben’s new book called again ?

4. biff17

biff17 Member

Says the guy who voted Brietbart as his GO to source.

Did you really question his style and tone?

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If you watched/listened to that interview, and can't see/perceive how the interviewer was all full of lefty-angsty heat and emotion, and non-logic.....I'm not sure what to say.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Don't tell the current President that! He will call you an angry Democrat.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Yup. I agree. My concern is that I don’t want the current monster in the White House to be viewed as the new norm for the office.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Please provide some examples of “regressive liberals” stating they support the “Islamization of Europe.”

9. IVFL

IVFL Member

Watch it again he was attacking the policy, not Shapiro. He was also giving Shapiro an opportunity to offer a rebuttal to that position. If every time someone pushes back on your policies and you go into fight or flight mode (which he did both) you don't have a lot of confidence in your position.

Think of it this way he was asking hard questions and then shutting up to let Shapiro answer the questions. He was giving him a platform to share why he thinks the way he does. Shapiro started to talk over him and interrupt him. He was a poor guest/communicator plain and simple. He wanted to turn the tables on the interviewer and make this a me vs you thing. What Shapiro didn't realize is that the person he was talking to was probably a little more right-wing than him. You could almost get a sense that the interviewer was frustrated with the fact that Shapiro was not able to back up his beliefs. Worse of all he was there to talk about a book that tells everyone else how to be better at discourse and Shapiro the writer is the absolute worst example

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Ben Shapiro's sister is pregnant. Wowza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LosPollosHermanos and tinman like this.